• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Odd colors in Lightroom - old and new imports

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2018 Jul 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking for help with a problem that just started for me today. See the attached picture...

LR Develop module view is showing some odd colors. Preview is OK at left. This happens to raw files I just imported and files that I imported months ago.

I have updated video drivers, just updated Lightroom, and Windows 10 update hasn't run in several days. I imported and edited files 3 days ago and did not have this problem.

I calibrated my monitors today and set both to use the sRGB profile as mentioned in some other forum posts that seem to report a similar problem.

I do not have any import presets, although that is kind of irrelevant as this problem is showing for raw files from a long time ago.

Opening this raw file in Photoshop via Camera Raw does not exhibit the problem (either in PS or Camera Raw)

lightroom color issue.JPG

Thanks for any ideas you can share.

Don

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 27, 2018 Jul 27, 2018

If you are referring to the blue color, then that would be the Clipping Indicator showing total black areas.

Press keyboard J to toggle indicators on/off, or click on the Clipping indicator triangles on the Histogram.

ScreenShot018.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are referring to the blue color, then that would be the Clipping Indicator showing total black areas.

Press keyboard J to toggle indicators on/off, or click on the Clipping indicator triangles on the Histogram.

ScreenShot018.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's it! Thanks for the simple answer.

And now I have all my software updated, so it wasn't a total loss of an evening. 🙂

Thanks.

Don

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 'tricks' in Lightroom make learning interesting!

If you do not like the Color clipping indicators, then another method to see clipping is to- hold down the [ALT] key as you move sliders (Exposure, Blacks, Whites )- Blank white screen = no Clipping.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2018 Jul 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the tips. I'm learning more every day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines