Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Two .PPF Files

Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2009 Mar 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have RoboHelp HTML 7 with Webhelp Pro and RoboEngine 5.0
When I upgraded to Robohelp HTML 7 6 months ago, I decided to separate my work Topics from my WebHelp Pro Output and but them in to separate files to speed up copy time when creating a backup of my work. I am noticed later that now I am getting 2 .PPF files on my Project server and every now and then I will have problems with images not showing but instead a red dot where the image should be.

I also notice the web site seems to be unable and sometimes I can not connect to it to Publish.
Should there be 2 .ppf files, one where my RoboHelp Topics are and another in the WebHelp Pro Output?

Rich21

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Mar 09, 2009 Mar 09, 2009
Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The PPF file contains details of the source file folders. So if you have changed the location of some files, that would explain the two versions on the server. If you look at the dates of the two files on the server is one out of date?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then i'd take a copy of the old one and put it somewhere safe in case you ever need it and then delete the older file from the server. Not sure if this will solve your problems but have a go and let us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did that and the next time I published it put both of them out on the server. When is the .ppf file updated, during the compile or the Publishing stage?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is updated (or created) when you generate the output. Try deleting the file in your source folder, reopen your project and generate. If this doesn't work, there is something inside your project that seems to refer to two different locations. Can you do a find on ".ppf" and see if you find anything?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted the .PPF file in the source, closed rh7, brought it back up and generated it and the .PPF in the source was not recreated but the .PPF in Wephelp Pro was updated to problem solved.
Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 09, 2009 Mar 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As an aside, I hadn't picked up that you are using RH7 output on RH Server X5. The official line from Adode is you can't do this. Thanks to Peter Grainge for pointing this out to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We will be upgrading to Robohelp HTML 8 with Robohelp 8 Server within the next 3 weeks.
Do I need the patch Robohelp HTML 7.0.3 installed before we upgrade to Robohelp HTML 8?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. you'll only need the 7.0.3 patch if you continue using RH7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp