Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Classic CC problem with Export of Panorama images

Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2018 Jul 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR VVV Version 7.4

Quickie: Panorama images get lost when the catalog is exported.

I have a problem that seems like I am doing something wrong…. Can someone help me figure out the solution?

I use a desktop computer for this part…..

My images were on a specific HDD inside my Desktop.  In one folder, were ALL the subject images. 

I have a bunch of RAW images that are made into a Panorama.  Images are saved and are available to any Library or Develop or Book module work I wish to do.

I made up a book…. All ok…. Images come up just fine.

Then I exported my catalog of images to a second, portable HDD.  All images from this book, used or not,  were exported.

Switching to my Laptop…..

I then took the HDD and Imported the catalog to my laptop.

I am missing ALL the panorama images, but of course, the base, imported viewable images were there….as were the little images used for general viewing

I checked the HDD, using the file explorer ( Win 10), but they were apparently not put on the HDD, even though the non-Panorama images were all accounted for.  No non-Panorama images were lost….

I can create the RAW panoramas again, but that means re-editing them all…..

What happened to my real, created RAW panoramas?  Where might they be hiding?

Note: I performed the same operations before, without issue, on previous versions of LRCCC.  This time I hit a snag…….

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additionally, the merged images have disappeared from the original HDD location on the Desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the merged images have disappeared from the desktop then they must have disappeared before you exported the catalog. Are the merged images in the trash or recycle bin?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible that you didn't select the panorama when you did the Export as Catalog?

Is it possible that you have looked on the HD in the wrong folder for the panorama images? One of the most common mistakes we see is that people search in the folder they know the photos are in, yet through some mistake, Lightroom is actually using a copy of the photos in some other folder. Please do a search of the ALL of your hard disks, using your operating system's search feature, and search for this panorama by file name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The panorama images are most likely in a collapsed stack.

Open the folder that the pano images should be in and from the "Photo" menu choose Stacking -> Expand all stacks (you can also right click on a photo in the library to do this.

Or you may have filter hiding them, so clear all filters too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the suggestions.....

Did a check by file name on the entire computer........ using the Windows explorer/file explorer......

Not hiding in the recycle bin ( haven't emptied that one in a long time, but not there)

Not hiding in some other than what I think folder

I did a un-stack without result.

Did a full removal of all filters.... no result.

Basically, still MIA

Further ideas?

I have 44 of these missing..... and no other types of files are missing....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 29, 2018 Jul 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you go outside Lightroom to make the panoramas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.  Used the Photo-Merge-Panorama function.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do they come up in the original catalog if you search for the text string "-Pano" in "All Photographs"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When searching within LR, looking for pano :

No.  the originals are still MIA.The previews are all there..... 

The small previews do come up, with the warning that the originals are lost....  I need to find the originals.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not to seem negative or anything, but a few versions back, LR had the same problem and it was fixed..... I wonder if the bug got back inside the program and I was "lucky" enough to find it first....?

Thanks for the assistance .... I have examined each and every suggestion made without result.  There is now only 1 choice.....

Remake the Panoramas, using the base files....  I have those

Copy the edits from the previews ( which still exist) onto the new panoramas created

Make some inevitable tweaks to each

Make sure the book images are correct for each panorama used....

times 44

Get on with life....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines