Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blender 3D

Jul 28, 2018 Jul 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seeing davescm​ wonderful work in Blender I decided to have another go at it, so here's a kitchen design I made, it was from a tutorial and took many many hours

FinalRender.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice one Ged.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cheers Dave

Blender's not the easiest app to learn and can be a right pain sometimes, one thing I learnt is to save multiple versions along the way

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent, Ged!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Ged+Traynor  wrote

Cheers Dave

Blender's not the easiest app to learn and can be a right pain sometimes, one thing I learnt is to save multiple versions along the way

how would you make that same image without using Blender?

p.s, can you please post the tutorial

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2018 Jul 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any full 3D application could be used. I would love to see a full 3D application that included modelling, physics, particles, PBR shading etc as part of Adobe's CC.

Photoshop, Dimension and C4DLite in After Effects are all good at what they do and can produce very nice results but they are limited if creating and modelling completely from scratch.

Dave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

something I have asked for ---- forever but don't think it will happen in my lifetime!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ussnorway  wrote

p.s, can you please post the tutorial

Sorry can't do, it's a tutorial I paid for from Udemy.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is nice to create images from nothing. I snapped an alleyway on Friday night, whilst I was out on a beer and curry night, which I thought might make a good "Something for the Weekend" starter image. Unfortunately the combination of nighttime, a handheld phone and a couple of beers meant that when I saw it the next day it is not the sharpest of images! So I am now busy re-creating it as a 3D model.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

don't forget to put the grime back in

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still a few steps away from texturing I'll be using Substance Painter for that - which does a great job of grime and wear.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking forward to seeing the final render Dave

I've yet to finish the living room and bedroom but that will have to wait until after the holidays

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try the Lynda living room Creating an Interior Scene with Blender

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2018 Aug 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Ged+Traynor  wrote

Looking forward to seeing the final render Dave

It is posted as this weekend's Photoshop SFTW challenge here:

Something for the weekend - Part 31 - Right up our alley!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2018 Oct 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice work Ged.  Not an easy app to learn you say?  I guess as it is free, and so many of us have Lynda subscriptions, it wouldn't to have a look.  Actually, I take that back.  My head is already hurting just thinking about it.

Ussnorway  wrote

don't forget to put the grime back in

That is so true.  Adam Savage is hugely into making his models look grubby to make them look real, and I think I mentioned recently that the BBC do the same thing with stuff like Doctor Who and Red Dwarf models.  Someone is going to say that Red Dwarf was not on the BEEB now.  I don't actually remember.

The 'making it look real' stuff starts around the 23 minute mark.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Blender is hard but not impossible. The best part of it is all free.

In the best of all worlds have Blender on a separate computer with lots of memory and space, be tedious on storing all components

projects, project notes, project plans

textures

objects

2D

3D object folders

try finding all of that across you network or home network or on your online storage what a mess, did you start this last year or was this the weekend rendering during the fourth of july? One realizes hmmmmm. note taking would be handy.

Be obsessive about notes and like the other guy said save out a new version of the file each time you work on it.

You will drive your self nuts trying to remember where you left off 30 days later and what you used and didn't want to use anymore.

Be your own engineer - that's the mind set to do real 3D!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davescm  wrote

... I snapped an alleyway on Friday night, whilst I was out on a beer and curry night,

Sounds like a good excuse for another beer and curry night, Dave, except maybe take the photo first?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like that thinking Jane

Modelling is proving to be a good exercise. I'm determined not to use any downloaded models - so just making them all as I go. At the moment though that feels like hitting myself with a wet lettuce

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 31, 2018 Jul 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davescm  wrote

At the moment though that feels like hitting myself with a wet lettuce

Dave

That actually sounds pleasant... LOL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice work. Waiting on the new Blender to be released with viewport acceleration. Been Beta testing for awhile and most of the bugs are ironed out. Can't wait for the official release

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great kitchen. You got me a great idea to integrate a wine shelf in the middle console. i'm currently planning such a console for my kitchen. I will get inspired with your design...

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines