• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat X Pro - No Redaction Tool?

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2018 Jul 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed a copy of Acrobat X PRO - again, it says it's the PRO version.  The disk originally came from Lenovo with the purchase of a new computer - it is not a pirate.  Everything I find on the web says I'm supposed to be able to redact with Pro, but that selection just doesn't appear on my "Protection" menu under tools.  I have only 4 items under Protection: "Encrypt", "More Protection" (which has to do with security settings & rights management), "Remove Hidden Information", and "Sanitize Document".  Is there some other setting I need to enable?  Why wouldn't that option appear in the menu?

Thank you for any help you can provide.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 29, 2018 Jul 29, 2018

What version is mentioned under Help - About Adobe Acrobat?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version is mentioned under Help - About Adobe Acrobat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, as I said in my original post, the disk is labelled Acrobat X PRO.  But you suggested to check the version that was ACTUALLY installed, and it turns out to be the STANDARD version.  So the disk was mis-labelled!  I don't have Pro after all, so I wouldn't have the redaction tool.  Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's why I asked you double-check... Now you know.

However, there is actually a way of using the Redaction tool in Acrobat Standard. It can be done using a script.

For example, I've developed a (paid-for) tool that allows you to convert comments of various kinds (like a Square comment) into Redaction annotations, and even apply them, just like in Acrobat Pro! You can find it here: Custom-made Adobe Scripts: Acrobat -- Convert Comments To Redactions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2018 Jul 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the computer is still new, you might ask Lenovo and / or the seller:

• Why they mislabeled the product and if you can get the one they advertised to you
  • Why they included software that is two versions old, was released in 2010, is no longer being supported by Adobe, and will never get security updates

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines