Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat X1 Pro (11.0.23) question

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2018 Jul 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I have been using this (paid) version for a few years now without any problems (I have the product and serial numbers in an e-mail)

Since yesterday I have noticed a problem when I open one particular file on my Windows laptop. For instance, I can see the first 41 pages of the file without any problem. However, when I click on the arrow to go to the next page, I get a dialog box that says,

"There was an error processing a page. There was a problem reading this document (131)"

When I click OK on this box, it brings me to a page with a grey background. If I look at the thumbnails in the left-most frame, I see greyed out pages. It does it for pages 42-44, but then page 45 is OK.After that it goes back and forth between greyed out pages and normally displayed pages, and then seems to be OK....

I tried a couple of other things:

a) Tried to save the open file with "Save As" - get the message that the file could not be saved

b) Tried to do a print to PDF - again, file cannot be priited.

The file is OK, because I can scroll through it on my phone's PDF viewer. Other people who have viewed this file see no problems.

Any suggestions? I don't want to randomly try things like "repair installation". It is only this one file that is causing a problem.

thanks

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This will be the file itself, and no amount of repairing will help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks. Any suggestions on how I can figure out the problems with the file?

I think the file itself is OK, since I can view it on my phone, and others can view it too.

If it is a problem with the file, it must be interacting badly with some feature of this version of Acrobat. Not sure what else to think?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat sometimes detects an error which other apps do not. When looking into this, invariably we find it is the file at fault.

When you get the 131 message you can do Ctrl+OK. It gives a more detailed message though it is rarely useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks.

it says "Error in XRef stream" - as you said, doesn't mean much to me 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines