• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Update to Lightroom 6.14? Too Late?

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2018 Jun 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I still update to Lightroom 6.14 or is too late? If too late, which plan would you advise to take? Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 23, 2018 Jun 23, 2018

It is still possible to purchase Lightroom 6. It costs $79 in the US or local currency price. Go to this link:

Shopping Cart

The price of the full version is normally shown at the check-out but you can use the pull-down menu to switch to the cheaper upgrade price if you already own Lightroom 5 or an earlier version. Lightroom 6 is the final perpetual licence and it is no longer being updated by Adobe. So be aware that as modern operating systems get updated there is a risk it could become redund

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is still possible to purchase Lightroom 6. It costs $79 in the US or local currency price. Go to this link:

Shopping Cart

The price of the full version is normally shown at the check-out but you can use the pull-down menu to switch to the cheaper upgrade price if you already own Lightroom 5 or an earlier version. Lightroom 6 is the final perpetual licence and it is no longer being updated by Adobe. So be aware that as modern operating systems get updated there is a risk it could become redundant.

If you wish to remain completely up to date and have support, if needed, its best to subscribe to one of the photography plans starting at $9.99pm or local currency price.

UPDATE Adobe no longer sells Lightroom 6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, if you already own an earlier version of LR 6, you can update to LR 6.14 for free. Download it from here: Download Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2018 Jul 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have LR 5.7.1. Is it possible to update to 6.14 or do I have to purchase the new 6.14 version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2018 Jul 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, as in Post#1 by @jon - You will have to PAY (PURCHASE)  the UPGRADE to Version 6.0, then Update to Version 6.14

But read Post#3 by @dj_paige for the best advice.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

brunob66368540  wrote

Can I still update to Lightroom 6.14 or is too late? If too late, which plan would you advise to take? Thanks

Make sure you understand that there will never be updates to Lightroom 6.14 — no bug fixes, no features added, no new camera support, no new lens support, and no support if your operating system changes and LR 6.14 won't run (there is already one report that it won't run on the next version of OSX which is OSX 10.14)

If that scares you, you can purchase (actually subscribe) to the current version of Lightroom (as of today, it is Lightroom 7.4) by purchasing the Photography Plan from Adobe. This plan will be updated regularly with new features, new camera and lens support, and bug fixes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2019 Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a critical failure on my main PC and had to upgrade. I had a LR6.0 installer, which I used to re-install LR. Now if I look for updates, it says that I've got the latest at 6.0. I've looked everywhere for the 6.14 update and it looks like it got deleted.

Is there a way for me to get the 6.14 update at this point? I'm just trying to get my PC back to where it was before with the software I've purchased.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok.

I can confirm that, while the setup exe file is dated from 2015 in that download, the updates are eventually installed from that installer and the final version installed is 6.14.

Thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wondering, what is your reasoning for LR6 when you have great options like Capture One Pro? They just announced a new version coming out and if you order it today you can get both the current version and the upcoming version for the same upgrade price. Personally I think it is better then LR, for the most part, and it will never block access to your work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines