• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No option for Camera profile/picture profile?

New Here ,
Jul 04, 2018 Jul 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to the most recent Lightroom, first time using it. I don't have any option within the calibration tab for camera profile, I usually see this when I edit just using the adobe raw editor. I am using a nikon d610 NEF file, which photoshop and adobe raw has always been fine with in the past, but for some reason the camera profile is missing within calibration section in lightroom. Does anyone know about this or how to use your cameras profiles in lightroom?

Screen Shot 2018-07-04 at 13.43.07.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 04, 2018 Jul 04, 2018

The profile selector and browser has been moved to the Basic panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The profile selector and browser has been moved to the Basic panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Champion! Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2019 Dec 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's in a new place, but cant see any profiles I'm trying to see like before.

Where is Nikon, Canon and Leica profiles listed?

It's all just stupid: Favorites, Adobe Raw, Legacy, Artistic, B&W, Modern, Vintage

Sorry Adobe, but you really suck with your new Lightroom, looking now to get other software options to process RAW files!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2018 Jul 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my version of Lightroom Classic CC 7.4 I don't have the profile tab under the Basic panel at all. This seems very strange as everyone else who has v 7.4 seems to have it. Anyone have any ideas on why this is?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2018 Jul 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my version of Lightroom Classic CC 7.4

Could you confirm this by Copy&Paste the top 10 lines from your Lightroom System Info?

Go  LR  MENU > HELP > SYSTEM INFO...

Your problem has been reported elsewhere and the Info report will help, please.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response, here's my system info:

Lightroom Classic version: 7.4 [ 1176617 ]

License: Perpetual

Language setting: en-AU

Operating system: Mac OS 10

Version: 10.13.6 [17G65]

Application architecture: x64

Logical processor count: 4

Processor speed: 3.0 GHz

Built-in memory: 8,192.0 MB

Real memory available to Lightroom: 8,192.0 MB

Real memory used by Lightroom: 993.4 MB (12.1%)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is your problem-

ScreenShot077.jpg

Your install of Lightroom is Corrupt!

You cannot have LR-Classic as a "Perpetual"install.

I quote the full explanation by  JohanEl54 in this thread- Upgraded to 7.4 release, but I cannot find the "Profile Browser."

there is no Lightroom 7.4 with a perpetual license. There is only Lightroom Classic CC 7.4 which is subscription only.

You apparently have the infamous problem of having 'upgraded' a perpetual license of Lightroom 6 to "Lightroom 7" somehow. That upgrade should never have been possible, because you do not have a subscription but a perpetual license (for Lightroom 6). There is no perpetual license for Lightroom Classic and there is no Lightroom 7. Due to a bug in the updaters it was somehow possible to install Lightroom Classic without having a subscription, and this now causes all kinds of problems (you’ve just been lucky that it didn’t happen earlier, when you first started with the upgraded version).

The only solution is to go back to Lightroom 6, the version you have a license to use. In order not to lose all the work you may have done since your first update, select all the images that were imported after you updated to Classic and choose 'Metadata - Save Metadata to Files'. Then open Lightroom 6 with your old Lightroom 6 catalog, and import these images. The edits and metadata should come over, except those edits that are new for Lightroom Classic (like Range Mask). You can find the correct installers and updaters here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/lightroom-downloads.html

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the explanation. Something that somehow Adobe struggled to answer. Very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 31, 2018 Jul 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please go here to help Adobe sort out this mess: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines