Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic CC

Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I wanted to use only Lightroom Classic CC for editing my pictures, but also upload full resolution originals to the cloud. So I chosed to upload all my pictures with Lightroom CC. But when I open Lightroom Classic CC, it doesn't download the pictures from the cloud. It is synced and shows that around 300 GB are used. Why won't it show me the pictures? I already tried reinstalling Lightroom Classic CC and signing in and out of the Creative Cloud.

Greetings!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was Lightroom Classic already synced? If so, then this is expected behavior. Lightroom Classic synced the images to the cloud as smart previews. Uploading them via Lightroom CC will replace the previews by originals. There is no reason for Lightroom Classic to download these originals again, because it already has the originals.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much already. To your question: No, my Lightroom Classic CC Library is empty. I had pictures imported there, but deleted them all (of course I had a backup) to restart the importing process with Lightroom CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, and yes it was already synced. But as I wrote, I deleted all pictures there and imported them to Lightroom CC. I expected them to be added to the Lightroom Classic CC Library then, since the two programs are synced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

korinnag18031546  wrote

Oh, and yes it was already synced. But as I wrote, I deleted all pictures there and imported them to Lightroom CC. I expected them to be added to the Lightroom Classic CC Library then, since the two programs are synced.

If you delete synced images from Lightroom Classic, they will also be deleted from the cloud. So the problem may be a 'chicken and egg' situation. If the original was uploaded before you deleted that same image in Lightroom Classic, then the original was probably deleted from the cloud. If the original was uploaded after you deleted it in Lightroom Classic, then it should come back... The images won't be downloaded to the original location however, so maybe you are just looking in the wrong place?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I deleted the synced images from Lightroom Classic CC but they still were in Lightroom CC. So I made sure to delete them from there as well. There were no pictures anymore in Lightroom CC or Lightroom Classic CC when I started to import everything again in Lightroom CC. I checked on the Web Version and on my Mobile Version. Where would the original images be downloading then? They still don't even appear in Lightroom Classic CC. Ho can I make sure to have the pictures in my Lightroom Classic CC Version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

korinnag18031546  wrote

Well, I deleted the synced images from Lightroom Classic CC but they still were in Lightroom CC. So I made sure to delete them from there as well. There were no pictures anymore in Lightroom CC or Lightroom Classic CC when I started to import everything again in Lightroom CC. I checked on the Web Version and on my Mobile Version. Where would the original images be downloading then? They still don't even appear in Lightroom Classic CC. Ho can I make sure to have the pictures in my Lightroom Classic CC Version?

Is the Lightroom Classic catalog synced and is the sync not paused? If so, the cloud images should be downloaded automatically.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is synced and it's not paused. But nothing is downloading. What can be the reason of that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2018 Jul 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe the 'Sync.lrdata' file still contains the info that all photos are synced. Delete this file and start Lightroom again.

On a Macintosh this file is here: <user>/Library/Caches/Adobe/Lightroom/Sync Data/Sync.lrdata

On Windows it's at: C:\Users\"yourusername"\AppData\Local\Adobe\Lightroom\Caches\Sync Data\Sync.lrdata

The Mac <user./Library folder is sometimes hidden. If you don't see it, then press Cmd-Shift-L while you are in the Finder.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, that sounds like a possible reason. I couldn't find the file. I looked at the path you sent, nothing there (it didn't even show the Library folder in my user folder, even when I tried the combination you said, only a library folder on my Macintosh HD that didn't contain an Adobe folder) and I searched for it with Spotlight without a result. Do you have other idea where the file could be? I only found these documents:

Screen Shot 2018-07-21 at 11.43.59.png

Could it be any of them? No Cache folder I found with Spotlight search shows me any result connected to Adobe or Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are looking in entirely the wrong place. Your screenshot shows your Lighroom catalog folder. That is not where I told you to look for this file. The key-combo should have opened the Library folder right away.

Another way of going to the user/Library folder is to select the “Go” menu in the Finder, and then hold down the shift-key. The Library should then appear as a menu item. On older MacOS versions it’s the Option key.

BTW, when you’ve found that file, then quit Lightroom first. You screenshot indicates that Lightroom was running when you took it.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2018 Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still can't find the file you were talking about. My user folder only contains these elements (even though I tried the keyboard combination you told me):

Screen Shot 2018-07-25 at 22.25.11.png

When I go to the Go-menu of the finder, the library doesn't appear even though I held down the shift-key. It still looked like this:

Screen Shot 2018-07-25 at 22.26.49.png

On my computer hard drive there's a folder that contains this:

Screen Shot 2018-07-25 at 22.28.09.png

But the Caches folder in the Library folder only contains these items:

Screen Shot 2018-07-25 at 22.28.54.png

What am I doing wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2018 Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is the wrong Library folder. There are two of them; the system Library folder (shown here), and the user Library folder inside your Home folder. Have you also tried holding the Option key rather than the shift key (like I said you need to do with an older MacOS version)?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2018 Jul 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I did and nothing happened (the Option key is the alt key on my keyboard, right?).

Edit: I don't know what went wrong before, but this time it worked and I could find the library in the Go menu. I will write if they sync now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

korinnag18031546  wrote

Yes I did and nothing happened (the Option key is the alt key on my keyboard, right?).

Yes. I'm not sure why that would not work, because there definitely is a user Library folder. Without it your Mac would not work. I'm still in the dark which version of MacOS X you use, but here's another method that might work: Open your Home folder and choose 'View - Show View Options' in the Finder (or hit Cmd-J). At the bottom of the dialog you should see an option to make the Library folder visible.

Lightroom.jpg

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the file, deleted it and now its kind of syncing. Just it's not at all all pictures from Lightroom CC. Is there any reason why it wouldn't sync all pictures?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it should sync everything. It's often a mystery why that does not always happen.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2018 Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would it help to wipe clean everything, all data, so it would be like starting Lightroom for the first time? How could that be done? Already tried deleting my old Lightroom Classic Library and reinstalled Lightroom Classic, but it doesn't seem to change. It is apparently skipping a lot of pictures (number of syncing images is dropping, but no pictures are added to the Library).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 01, 2018 Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Reinstalling Lightroom Classic is useless, because that doesn’t wipe the data. Cleaning up everything might help, but then again it may not. The problem seems to be with one or more images online, otherwise deleting the sync.lrdata would have solved it already.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines