• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Classic CC version 7.4 Not responding

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2018 Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I delete a photo I get the "not responding" and it hangs endlessly.  I have to control alt del and close the program.  When I come back in the images have been deleted.  It doesn't matter if it's a group of photos or just one.  Never had this problem until this most recent update.

Help Please.

Deb Peters

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2018 Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it happen when you try to delete one photo or multiple photos?

What if you try to use Photo > Remove Photo... using menu?

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2018 Jul 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens with one or multiple images. Very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2018 Jul 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try using menu (Photo > Remove Photo...) instead of Delete button  and see if it's still not responding

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2018 Jul 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI "Remove" does not work either.  I've just discovered an issue I do not understand completely.

I am running Windows 7 Pro and just noticed that Adobe will not upgrade my CC without Windows 10 so I am using (although paying for Cloud software) CC Classic.  I really don't know what to do, I have a very powerful Windows 10 machine that I purchased and chose 7 intentionally. 

I do not know if this is the problem but certainly adds to the mix.  I can use LR just can not delete anything....any more ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 31, 2018 Jul 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try using File>Optimize Catalog to clear out any catalog cruft. The other option to try is deleting preferences. Hold Shift and Alt while starting Lightroom to bring up the Delete Preferences dialog.

You could also test with a new catalog and see if you can delete from that. If you can, it may be an issue with your original catalog.

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2018 Jul 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Before I am even able to try your suggestions I get a not responding.

I actually thought I had it working by disabling my Nik 30 please gin trial....but now it’s even worse....makes zero sense.

I believe eve I will try to delete and reinstall.

ugh

deb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines