• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot download pdfs from Internet Explorer 11

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After decades of downloading PDFs from the Internet Explorer, in the last week I cannot.

From several reliable sites including one I have been downloading material from since 1999, I get an error message " There is a problem with Adobe Acrobat/Reader.  If it is running, please exit and try again. (0:104)." 

Whether the Acrobat or Reader DC is running or not I get it.  If one is running and I close it, I still get the same error message. 

if I go to another browser like Chrome or Firefox and paste the same URL in I have no problem downloading the same PDF.  There is obviously something in the settings for my explorer or in my Acrobat XI.

Can anyone help?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2017 Jul 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chrome and Firefox doesn't use Adobe Acrobat or Acrobat Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this should not be marked as an answer as it did not solve the users initial question.  we are getting the same error message for our users who have Reader DC and Acrobat (pro) DC installed on the same laptop using Windows 10 tablets.  another thing to note:

1) is that it works on edge

2) users that just have reader do not have this issue.

3) we have tried defaulting pdf to open in reader and then Adobe Acrobat (pro) which did not fix the issue.

4) we have tried to running a repair of reader still did not fix the issue

so bigger question can Reader DC and Adobe Acrobat DC coexist on the same laptop or tablet?

additionally users who have both installed who are having a whole host issues that they did not have when they just had Adobe Prod installed  which begs the question above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2018 Jul 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This was not answered or resolved!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines