• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CA to Encoder Issues with including off the page images

Contributor ,
Jul 30, 2018 Jul 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm finally getting to the end of one song!  Yeah!  So I tried out encoder. The problem is that the hidden parts of the body in CA are still showing up in Encoder. Do I

have to change the characters to singing heads, or am I doing something wrong in Encoder? My original is 1280 X 720.

CA Shot with singing characters at the bottom.pngScreen Shot 2018-07-30 at 7.59.36 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 30, 2018 Jul 30, 2018

If CA if you zoom out the scene window you should be able to see a grey semi-opaque border around the scene. You should be able to see the bodies of puppets through the semi-opaque border. I think this goes solid grey (100% opacity) when you start recording. If you cannot see this border, I would suggest adjusting the scene window zoom factor (not in the timeline - the scene window has its own scaling factor which is just used for playback). This is the quickest way to confirm that CA has the sc

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have characters off the edge all the time without problem. I would double check the scene dimensions in CH (not sure where) compared to media encoder.. Are you going straight form CH or via premier pro or similar With dynamic linking? I wonder if PP or AE is rescaling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will check. I am going directly from CA to Encoder with dynamic linking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the scene window, if you set the resize factor to “fit”, do you see the whole body (like the video generated?). Just wondering if you scaled the scene window by hand so are not seeing the same as the final video.

One useful trick is in the scene window is I hold down ALT and use the mouse wheel to zoom out. This greys out (semi transparent) parts of the puppets outside the viewing area. So I often zoom out a bit in the scene window to make sure I understand where the edges are correctly.

My fear is if you zoomed in the scene window, you may need to reposition and rescale all your  contents. To avoid redoing all that, try using prem pro with dynamic linking to do  the final resize and crop there - so you don’t have to redo all the drags etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Alan. I’m not at the computer now but I just imported all my scenes from AI where I made them 1280x720. So I don’t think I used zoom in at all. In CA I can’t see the characters bodies hanging off the page- I only see that when it’s converted.

This is my first animation with CA. It’s very slow so making them head only puppets isn’t the worst thing that can happen. Given they come in three times it would probably save a lot of memory.

Sharon.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If CA if you zoom out the scene window you should be able to see a grey semi-opaque border around the scene. You should be able to see the bodies of puppets through the semi-opaque border. I think this goes solid grey (100% opacity) when you start recording. If you cannot see this border, I would suggest adjusting the scene window zoom factor (not in the timeline - the scene window has its own scaling factor which is just used for playback). This is the quickest way to confirm that CA has the scale factor correct - no adjustments to the project, just zoom out the scene window.

Here is an example I grabbed off the web. See how the gray transparent border at the left edge? You can see the window etc through the grey semi-transparent border. Can you see a similar thing? The puppet bodies (not the heads) should be visible through the frame. If you are not getting the grey semi-transparent layer in front of the puppet bodies, then the contents of the scene is not scaled correctly. If you cannot see this grey border, I would adjust the scene window zoom factor (bottom right corner) until you can see it. (Just remember that if the artwork is all in scene, the gray opaque border may be hard to spot! 😉

F9B0392D-2305-4F3D-9670-5F5C21953B9B.jpeg

Even though the original AI files are the right resolution, you can scale them using the Transform behavior. If you can see the whole background with a black border around the original background file, and if the movie is the desired resolution, then *something* got in there and scaled things... Its just a question of what!

E.g. Maybe there is some media encoder setting to “autoscale to fit in all artwork”. I have never seen such a property however, which is why my first suspicion to rule out is that somewhere along the lines you scaled (on purpose or by accident).

Another experiement you could try is to just hide the puppets that are outside the desired area and try generating another video. Does the video come out right automatically then? Or does it still look wrong? If there is no puppet outside the normal bounds and it is still scaled wrong, that would eliminate the puppets causing the rescaling. Or redo the puppets without bodies - just trying to think of quicker ways to try and identify the cause of the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a look after getting home, and I cannot see any autoscaling magic. I think you are in UK or similar with a timezone overlap, so here is another screenshot to avoid another day of missing each other! (but really just repeating the above post).

When you click on a scene, the properties panel (right) shows the width and height of the scene.

The window above I also adjusted the scale of the scene window from "Fit" to 50%. See how the puppet extends off the bottom of the screen? But it is obscured so you can tell what is in the video and what is not. My suspicion is at some stage the scene panel changed its zoom factor and you are only seeing a subset of the actual output. The following screen shot I set the zoom to 100%, but notice the soccer ball is no longer visible? Its still within shot, but by zoom window is zoomed in too far. It is not 100% of the video - its 100% of the target resolution.

My fear is you have produced your video with the scene window zoomed in.

The good news is I think there is a solution (as mentioned before), *if* this is the problem. You can drag the scene into Premier Pro (using dynamic linking) then scale and crop the scene inside Premier Pro  to scale it back up, cropping the out of video parts of the image you don't want. (You could take the video file you generated and do this directly to the video file if you wanted as well. You may get some minor blurriness, but I am guessing it won't be that bad...)  (If you google search for "Premier Pro scale and crop video" lots of matches come up with tutorials on how to do it.)

Also, in Adobe Media Encoder there is a "File" / "Show Log". If you scroll to the end of a file there should be an entry for the last job you ran, which includes details such as resolution used by the job. That might be useful to get a copy of if you have not worked it out from the above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 31, 2018 Jul 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is also made more complicated because I took out the behaviors on all the scenes that weren't necessary. So of my 50 backgrounds, only 1 has behaviors. I have to figure out how to put them back in. I"m not sure I want to do the entire thing in Premier Pro. I haven't used it, and quite frankly, I need to learn to do this. Thanks for all the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My "scenes" are all puppets, so this will be interesting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way-I"m an optimist. At least this happened on my first video. I've got 6 more to go. I won't make this mistake again. It's not the backgrounds I'm worried about, but the actual characters, which took hours to get correct. I'm hoping there is just one scaling I have to do for the entire thing. However, the bummer is that there are not numbers to tell me what the initial scaling is for my characters-only the recording. The background scenes are all 100% for that will be easy-time consuming, but exact and probably not frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FOUND A SOLUTION THAT'S SIMPLE-YEAH!!!  Since my song is actually only one scene, but with a ton of puppets, I just changed the scene size to my resolution. Everything is now changed. It should work. No need to change all the scenes and puppets and resize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool! Glad you got something to work. The only negative is if the final video is meant to be higher resolution it might come out a bit blurry. But if you try it and it looks good then it is good!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately it didn't work. AND the resolution isn't good. I may have to

change all my artwork. YUCK!

Sharon

On Tue, Jul 31, 2018 at 11:04 AM, alank99101739 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Before you redo it all, if a big job, I would suggest trying the prem pro approach. It might notctake much effort.

1. Create an empty prem pro project

2. Drag the scene from the ch window over into the prem pro project - that should create a ”dynamic link”

3. I think right click on clip and “create clip from scene”

4. You should have a timeline with your scene in it. Click on the scene in the timeline to select it

5. From memory there are some effect panels around the place - see if you can find a transform effect with scale  - try scaling up the scene - a rough one is fine for a test

6. encode the clip - get some coffee!!

7. Check the output - is it fuzzy?

8. If test worked, spend more time to get scale right and crop it nicely etc.

I am hoping because of the dynamic link the render will happen based on what prem pro needs. Note there is a render resolution setting now in ch 1.5 which you can crank up - that might help too. That is, I am hoping internally ch renders at say twice the resolution, then the scaling in prem pro is applied to that higher resolution so the end result hopefully looks better.

However, this assumes your scene is complex. Eg if you do drags - they will need redoing I think. If not that complex it is safer to recreate the scene in ch at the correct resolution and scale factor. The above might save you some time as a hack so you can get on to video number 2.

which ever way you go, I would try a  render as early as possible to make sure early there are no more gotchas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alan,

I"m not in the UK-I'm in the Eastern US. I just took a break. Unfortunately, you are correct about the scale. I had it on zoom 200%. I'm going to fool around for a couple of hours and see how difficult it is to change in the scaling on the entire thing. I do not see a way to change the window size in CA-meaning getting it to fit my scenes.

Live and learn.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines