Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change HTM extension to HTML extension

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2009 Mar 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good afternoon everybody,

I just joined this forum...as i need some help ...
I would like to know if is possible in RoboHelp 8 to generate output files with a HTML extension instead of HTM extension. I dit not find anything about it in the help.
Many thanks for your answers

Daniel (France)
(sorry for my bas english, I'm not a native speaker...)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 09, 2009 Mar 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forums, Daniel.

Yes, RH8 does allow .html. Unfortunately, my RH8 trial has run out, and I don't have the full version yet, so I can't recall exactly where in the UI you can specify that. But I know it can be done.

--Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2009 Mar 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Tanks for your answer Ben. I looked through the whole documentation of Robohelp but I wasn't able to find the way to generate html files instead of htm files.
Does anyone have any idea ?

Have a nice day

Daniel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Busy right now but this has been covered before. Go into your forum profile and change your search history to say 500 days.

It was the case up to RH7 that you could not change the default file type but you could manually change every file as you created it. You cannot change RH's own files.

Usually this request comes from developers. You might want to tell them it cannot be done and if they don't mess with your help, you won't mess with their code.

Come back if you cannot find. I'll try later.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your help. I changed my search history to 500 days and I performed some searches. I just found a topic about RoboHelp 5 and it appears that with this version it was not possible to change the default file type. I did not find anything concerning later versions for this issue (maybe I did not use appropriate terms in my search).

So if you have time to explain to me what to do to change the default file type, it will be greatly appreciated ;-)

Have a nice day

Daniel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All I can do is look for posts. At the moment I do not have RH8 so I can only go on Ben's observation that he believes it can be changed.

What is the reason for wanting HTML rather than HTM?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

My company edits a software in which we have already implemented a online help generated by WebWorks e-Publisher Pro (files with html extension). We will probably move to Robohelp and I am looking for the way to change the extension of files generated by RH so that we won't have to modify the configuration of our software. Of course, if there is no other way...but we prefer not...

Daniel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, understand the driver now.

I'll see if I can find anything else later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but I couldn't find the post I am thinking of. Unless there is an option in RH8, I think you would be better off getting the developers to add something to their help calls. I think it would be simple enough for them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Daniel -

Can you post the call-to-help method used in your software?

If, as an example, the user clicks an icon to launch page help, you probably use JavaScript to kick it off. If so, it is easy to use the js to strip the "L" from "HTML" and point to the "HTM" files. We are doing this with over 500 topics in our on line application.

Regards,
GEWB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 11, 2009 Mar 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I couldn't jump back in earlier--been sick the last couple of days.

I think it probably was more appropriate to say that RH8 allows you to save topics as .html. I think you specify this when you create a new topic. I remember this being one of the improvements, but I can't locate it in the Reviewer's Guide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2009 Mar 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH7 allowed that. I think Linux Rules suggestion is the way forward.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2009 Mar 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi

Many thanks to all people who helped me. Unfortunately, its seems there is no way to specify the html extension at a global level. I can only indicate topic by topic which extension I wish.
Too bad...
Have a nice journey
Daniel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp