• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera pan option?

Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2018 Jul 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want the background to move as the character walks. My question - is there a tool in Character Animator for camera pan or trick? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 31, 2018 Jul 31, 2018

Hi Wasy,

Yes alank has the best solution.  I recently used this option and it worked well and was relatively easy to do.

Here's the link: Character Animator Tips & Tricks (February 2018) - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can vote for the camera-pan-as-a-feature... :-). Camera panning support – Adobe video & audio apps

Until then, the background is just a puppet. Anything you use on normal puppets you can do to the background as well. You can drag it or (what I normally do) record a new Position X value for it then use a blend to smoothly transition from the old to new X value. I also do it for Scale values. See Simulated Camera Panning in Adobe Character Animator - YouTube for a quick video.

There was a tips and tricks video a while back that had another rather cool approach. They used the Walk behavior on the character puppet with body movement speed zero (so legs would move, but puppet stayed in middle of scene), and put another walk behavior with negative body speed movement on the background. So just using the walk left/right arrows would move both the character puppet and the background at the same time - looked very cool! (They went further and put another furniture layer in front that moved faster than the background, giving a parallax feel.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Wasy,

Yes alank has the best solution.  I recently used this option and it worked well and was relatively easy to do.

Here's the link: Character Animator Tips & Tricks (February 2018) - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes! That was it! Thanks for the video link!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines