• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Essential Graphics panel very sluggish and buggy

Contributor ,
Jul 31, 2018 Jul 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone having joy with Essential Graphics? Or similar pains to me?

Essential graphics sluggish and buggy.webm - Google Drive

It seems almost completely unusable to me on a 24GB MSI GT7 2QE with 980m 4GB graphics and i7 with SSD.. Latest version of Prem.

Any ideas super welcome. I'd love to be able to quickly and easily bring in the essential graphics I've bought from Envato and edit them in Premiere.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 31, 2018 Jul 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, I don't recognize the workspace, and from the time I've spent with the EGP, that's not a layout that seems efficient to me. The EGP is where you control things like text and spacing of items in the screen, the ECP is where you animate things, which is why the 'standard' Graphics/EGP layout has the EGP down the right side, program monitor above the right side of the timeline, and the ECP above the left side of the timeline. I'd recommend staying with that layout while you're building experience with this graphics process.

Second ... they dumped folders for the mogrts in the 12.x builds (2018 series) ... as it is designed internally around the Libraries, which can be either/both local or in your CC Cloud space. As you can have multiple libraries, you can use that feature to group mogrts. A lot of use are arguing from returning full local folder options to the users, and you are most welcome to post a request for that on the UserVoice system or jump onto any other request for such that you find via a search on that system. That way it gets to the development team, the only staffers regularly on 'here' are the product support people.

Adobe UserVoice Bug /Feature form: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

There's no way I know of to install full folders of mogrts at this time, you need to install them one at a time via the little rectangle with a plus-sign icon in the lower right corner of the EGP. Not the slickest thing, mind you. But ... again, ask for change.

Third ... that is just bizarre how other things work normal speed and only graphics things works slower. Using a slightly modified version of the standard Graphics workspace, it works the same speed as anything else.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 05, 2018 Aug 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil,

I've been editing on Premiere for over a decade and am pretty obsessive with optimizing my layouts (and shortcuts, etc) so a lot of thought has gone into the workspace layout (I customize the presets to fit how I work)

Hopefully we'll discover why (only) my EGP is so sluggish for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Sep 09, 2018 Sep 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its not just you, I just posted similar problem. Even working in a 1080p nested sequence, using the eseential graphics workspace I only need to have a text layer and a rectangle before it slows to a crawl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 21, 2018 Dec 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.. I'm having the same issue. If I leave the essential graphics panel visible/open, it causes any activity to slow down by 10-20ms.. Play the timeline, grab and move a clip, etc... It was very frustrating until I realized that was what was causing the slowdown.

This is happening with the current 2019 (13.0.2) build.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 21, 2018 Dec 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post this over on the UserVoice system ... that goes directly to the engineers, and they need to hear/see this.

Neil

Adobe UserVoice Bug /Feature form: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 22, 2018 Dec 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for pointing the UserVoice system out. I'll post it over there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines