• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't download any books to my kobo e-reader

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no issues downloading from the library site to Adobe Digital Editions however, when I attempt to transfer the book from the Adobe digital Editions site to my Kobo this message pops up.  CE_COPY_NOT_ALLOWED - No permission to copy the book.  Anyone know what to do?  I've deauthorized and reauthorized a few times already but it hasn't made a difference.  I have tried downloading the newest version but it was the same one I already am using.  Adobe Digital Editions, it would be very helpful to have a contact number to talk to someone and work through the problem.  I've posted on here previously but didn't get any response. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. Won't transfer book to ereaderr. Tried contacting Adobe Help desk and they say to go to these forums and get answers here which is obvious no one has and we are all floundering around without help from Adobe. Nice circle we are caught in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2018 Jun 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had similar problems in the past; I finally discovered a viable reply from Maureen, who outlined how to fix the problem:  Re: Not able to open library books on my Kobo Glo: "Oops! This document couldn't be opened" (https://forums.adobe.com/message/8628518#8628518)

With the following list, I am paraphrasing Maureen's excellent advice that finally released me from my anguish:

1. Delete the problem book(s) from your ereader.

2.Open Adobe Digital Editions on the computer. Check to see if you can read the problem book(s) in ADE. Connect your e-reader.  Erase authorization on ADE (Go to the Help Menu at the top). Erase the authorization for the ereader (go to the side menu of ADE). Keep the e-reader connected to the computer.

3. Go to your public library website and get a NEW book. Upload the new book to ADE. Adobe will then PROMPT YOU for the authorization. If it doesn't, go back to "help" at the top and reauthorize ADE. Remember to go to the side menu of ADE to re-authorize your ereader.

4. Drag the new book into your e-reader. Select "ereader" (ie: NOT all items, or borrowed items, or...). Try opening the book in the ereader area. If it opens there, it's likely that it will open in your e-reader.

5. Re-upload the problem book(s) to your e-reader. Again, select "ereader" in ADE and check that the book(s) can be read there.

6. Disconnect your e-reader from the computer. Be able to read your book(s) at last!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2018 Jul 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!!! This worked perfectly!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2019 Mar 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was very excited as everything worked including step 4. When I disconnected the eReader and tried to open the book I got an error message that the eReader wasn't authorized. It is sitting there in the eReader and indicates 2 MBs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just checked my eReader in ADE and clicked on the settings for the device. It says that the device is authorized. Unfortunately when I try to open the book in the eReader the message is that it is not authorized. What am I missing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2019 Mar 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no problem with Kobo with ADE 3.0 BUT after I download 3.0 the next day it has updated to the newest ADE which does NOT work with Kobo.  I cannot find any way to stop this update which happens every time I download 3.0.  Can anyone help?  I tried the ADE chat but they had no idea what I was talking about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To continue using ADEv3 to download library books:

1) Download and Install Adobe Digital Editions v3, but install it in a new folder, not in the (default) program-files folder (e.g., windows(c)\ADEv3, directly under Windows(c) folder)

2) You should have a desktop shortcut to the v3 application; if not, create one for ADEv3

3) Open the ADE v3 bfore you start to download library books; you may get a message asking to "confirm" that you have the appropriate application...just confirm

Adobe will continute to update it's installation in the default folder (I never found a way to stop this), but you can just open v3 when you want to download books from the libary's .

I still occasionally get that "can't open the file" error, but not nearly as often.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Join the club. one version allows download to ADE and transfer to Kobo. When I try to open book in Kobo message says not authorized despite using it for past 5 years. Another ADE version won't even enable download. Mine is Kobo aura h2o. Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2021 Aug 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bill I realize yours is an older post but how did you solve the problem.  My brother gave me an aura h2o that he had and I can get all the way to loading the library book but cannot open.  Always get the message 'not authorized'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2021 Aug 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.  I got a new kobo, transferred the book using ADE but when I try to open the book on my kobo it says "not authorized".  So frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines