• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat XI - Default Save As Location?

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For most people in our company (300+) when a file is opened from our network share in either Adobe Acrobat XI or Adobe Acrobat DC the default save as location is the same location that the file was originally opened. This makes it very easy to open a file, modify it, then overwrite the existing file.

For one user the behaviour is the opposite - all files save to their desktop in their user folder. Even if I am personally signed into their computer (domain admin account) and open Acrobat XI and click on "save as" the default location is still his desktop.

We have tried everything from uninstalling the software,  using the Adobe Labs cleaner tool (both the DC version and version 2 for acrobat XI).

The issue started when the user was upgraded to Acrobat DC and then downgreaded back to XI.

Is there some registry key or other setting we or the Adobe labs tools are missing? Protected View is disabled already and we have tried several other troubleshooting steps from this community.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bump

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know of any registry setting that can be used to set it. It's basically up to the application.

I would recommend uninstalling Acrobat, running this tool (Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs ), and then reinstalling it. With some luck it will default back to the desired behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said in my original post Ive uninstalled and already ran that tool.....I even ran both the DC cleaner AND the previous cleaner for Acrobat XI and before

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2018 Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Sinclaic. Did you figure out to default save as location for your adobe acrobat XI? I am having the same problem and it is driving me crazy. Just as you, I uninstalled and reinstalled the program with no success. Now wondering if you ever located a fix or workaround to this problem?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines