• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edit Label on my Accordion Menu from Master Page

Explorer ,
Aug 01, 2018 Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am looking for information on how to edit a label on my master page, accordion menu.

When I use the Selection Tool, click on Label, I can not get it to go into edit.

I click on the options arrow I do not see anything that will let me edit the text on that one label.

I am using the 2018.0 Adobe Muse release.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 01, 2018 Aug 01, 2018

I assume, you want to change the word „Links“, do you?

Since your menu is automatic, you can’t do this directly. The menu label uses the name of the page, to which the menu links.

There are several ways to change the label. Two of them:

1. Rename the page, to which the menu refers by right clicking onto the respective page („Links“) and choosing „Page Properties“; the tab „Options“ allows you to rename the page.
  2. Create a manual menu by using the blue options arrow and setting the „Menu Type“ to „manual

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to be a little bit more specific. What kind of object is the element? I doubt, that it is an accordion title. I think you are dealing with a standard menu entry

If you have a standard menu, you can‘t edit the label directly, because it takes the name/title of the page, which it represents. To change the wording, you have to change the page‚s name/title.

If you want to edit the label directly, you have to define the menu as „manual“.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a short video on what I am trying to perform.

Trying to edit Label  (short video preview)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can‘t you post the video without using Flash? No mobile device (phone, tablet) handles Flash video. And on computers Flash is almost „banned“.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry.

I was using Jing to make video.

I will not post anymore.

Thank you for all your help.

Vance

On Wed, Aug 1, 2018 at 12:46 PM, Günter Heißenbüttel <

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

???

Wouldn‘t it be simpler, to answer my question and tell us, what kind of widget the element is? Simply click onto the the options arrow and tell us. It is not really difficult to solve your issue, if we have the needed information.

No idea, why you feel insulted, when I tell you, that many users — me included —can‘t view your video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the options.

On Wed, Aug 1, 2018 at 1:02 PM, Günter Heißenbüttel <

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You unfortunately forgot to add the screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Wed, Aug 1, 2018 at 1:11 PM, Günter Heißenbüttel <

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you try to send a screenshot via email to the forum? This isn’t possible. You have to visit the forum directly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I assume, you want to change the word „Links“, do you?

Since your menu is automatic, you can’t do this directly. The menu label uses the name of the page, to which the menu links.

There are several ways to change the label. Two of them:

1. Rename the page, to which the menu refers by right clicking onto the respective page („Links“) and choosing „Page Properties“; the tab „Options“ allows you to rename the page.
  2. Create a manual menu by using the blue options arrow and setting the „Menu Type“ to „manual“. In this case you can select the labels with the „Text“ tool and change the wording. But you have to assign the link target of this menu entry manually by using the „Hyperlinks“ menu in Muse’s upper control strip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines