Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with RoboHelp use

Mar 10, 2009 Mar 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was wondering if any one had any information on the problem that I am seeing with Robohelp HTML.

When I open a large project, the 'Wait' cursor is continuously showing. This is a new development, I have been using RoboHelp 7 on this specific computer for 15 months now with little issues (except what I had asked for help with previously, of course).

I have noticed that while the Wait cursor is shown, the project manager (all pods really) is continually refreshing. I let my computer sit for 4 hours once to see if it just needed time to load everything, but it didn't help. If I close the pods, I still have the same problem. When I load a topic to edit, the topic keeps loosing focus while the pods are refreshing.

This has rendered the program virtually worthless for me as I cannot create new topics and/or edit existing topics.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andrew.
Is the project source on a local drive (good) or a network drive (bad). If the former, you could try renaming the projectname.cpd file and reopening the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well Colum, I truly appreciate your help. Once I renamed the .cpd file and re-opened the project, it worked perfect as it had for the past year.

I opened the cpd file in Access, it appears this is the file that RoboHelp uses to list all of the files and options in the project. I wonder what makes it stop working...

Again, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One question though, now my Project Manager Pod doesn't show any of my images....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EZ. At the top of the Manager pod, click on the Show / Hide icon (looks like a blue funnel). Make sure Images is checked off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, that is not the case here. It only shows the most recently added images and a few others.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

What if you click the folder icon to change between the "Classic" and the "New" view?

Folder has a globe in new view and sunglasses if in classic view. But frequently becomes mismatched in Classic view and you see the view but folder has a globe.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a quick question here, I was not sure how to start a new thread..
I have imported a .mpj file in Robehelp 8; links for the images are messed up

STAAD.foundation User Manual_files/image021.jpg is showing as
STAAD.foundation%20User%20Manual_files/image021.jpg

Can you please help?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rename the folder(s) containing the images. You can then restore the original names. I have seen that bring back "missing" images.

The CPD file is a Microsoft Access database and every one in a while any Access database needs compacting. Because of the way RH uses it, and most people would not have Access, it is simpler to rename it and let RH build a new one.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Peter -

Thanks buddy. Since I do have access, obviously, I performed a compact and repair on it and restored it back.

I should have thought about that, considering that it was 22MB in size, and especially since some of our products use Access databases (I was a technician for a few years) and have had to do that a couple of times for our stuff as well.

@RoboWizard -

I will try that if I need to in the future, since the compact and repair worked, I am not too worried about it right now as I finally have my images back...

Thanks to everyone that posted suggestions...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to all of you -- for posting and responding re: this issue -- I spent a lot of yesterday and part of today running anti-virus software and uninstalling/installing RH, trying to resolve the exact same problem. I renamed the cpd file, renamed and restored the image file names, and all is well!! Whew.

Amy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Best to start a new thread for new questions. This thread is badly titled as all threads are basically about problems with using RH.

%20 is the standard way of showing spaces on the web. Are these links failing in outputs or just showing up in a different way to what you expected?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp