• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add/Move function does not work while trying to import photos from HDD

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2018 Aug 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been using the "add/move" function on Lightroom Classic CC for the past 3 or so years - importing photos from my HDD.

However it somehow does not work anymore and will only let me use the "Copy" function.

Any help will be great!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then it must be from an External drive and for some reason the OS and LR is seeing that external drive as a Removable drive. With that type of drive detected the only option is Copy just like with camera memory cards.

Restart your system and test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But i've been using this external drive for the past couple of months and it has been working just fine. Just happened today.

Restarted my system a couple of times and still not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What type of system, Mac or Win PC?

Is it connected to the same USB port? If Windows does it get the same drive letter as it did before?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac.

Same port nth different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then I susgest you disconnect the drive, Restart your Mac, Let it fully boot, reconnect the drive, Look in Finder to make sure the drive is being seen, then Open LR and try to import.

Have you done any OS X updates just before the problem started?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also try Browsing through the Drive Folder list in the Import dialog on the left hand side, "Files" section, then Select the drive and folder from that list.

Instead of from the "Select a source" drop down at the top of that side.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines