Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add existing take to new puppet

Explorer ,
Aug 02, 2018 Aug 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a puppet controlled by a take and would like to use that same take to control another puppet in the same scene.

Does someone know how to do it?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 02, 2018 Aug 02, 2018

As of 1.5 (current release) you can select the take in the time line, edit/copy, select the other puppet, edit/paste. It’s that easy now - just a copy of take and paste into new puppet.

i don’t think you can share the take (eg so same edits go to both) - but an advanced technique is you create one puppet with the two pieces of artwork in it. (You can have multiple root level layers in the one artwork file, but you may need to add some extra behaviors if you want to adjust the two characters separ

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of 1.5 (current release) you can select the take in the time line, edit/copy, select the other puppet, edit/paste. It’s that easy now - just a copy of take and paste into new puppet.

i don’t think you can share the take (eg so same edits go to both) - but an advanced technique is you create one puppet with the two pieces of artwork in it. (You can have multiple root level layers in the one artwork file, but you may need to add some extra behaviors if you want to adjust the two characters separately. But this was one way to get rear dangling hair working - but having two puppet artworks st same location.). This approach is mainly useful if the two characters always move in unison - I copy/paste the takes normally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Super, thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines