• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pink tint or pink hue when I import photos in Lightroom?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically I'm pretty sure its not a monitor deficit, because when I open it with window's preview, the color were fine, and origianlly I encounter the same problem in photoshop CC, but after changing the color setting to Monitor RGB in photoshop, everything is fine. But I couldn't find the option in Lightroom CC, I tried changing the external editing in lightroom but I dont think it works.

When i import with Lightroom CC

pinktnt.JPG

When I import with Photoshop CC

pinktntps.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018
But my PC wouldn't let me add new profiles?!?

Check Use my settings for this device, and the Add button becomes active.

Leave the All profiles and Advanced tabs alone, everything you need to is done in the Devices tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The cause of this is most likely a defective monitor profile.

Lightroom and Photoshop are color managed, and use the monitor profile to display correct colors.

Most other applications are not color managed, do not use the monitor profile, and are unaffected.

Setting the RGB working space in Photoshop to Monitor RGB does not fix the problem – what it does is to disable color management, and makes Photoshop behave like any other application without color management.

So change the color settings back to what they were before - similar to the screenshot below.

Set the RGB working space to a standard profile, like sRGB or Adobe RGB, and to choose Preserve Embedded Profiles under Color Management Policies.

PS-color-settings.png

To fix the problem with the monitor profile, go to Control Panel > Color Management, and set the monitor profile to sRGB (use Adobe RGB if you have a wide gamut monitor).

Add the profile from the list, then set it as Default. Make sure Use my settings for this device is checked.

Lightroom and Photoshop will need to be restarted to use the new monitor profile.

sRGB may not be entirely accurate, but, depending on the characteristics of your monitor, it may be close enough.

The best solution is to use a hardware calibrator, which will calibrate the monitor and create a very accurate monitor profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But my PC wouldn't let me add new profiles?!?cannotadd.JPG

When I go to "All Profiles" tab, it shows the sRGB profile, but when I click add, it asked me to install the profile, does it mean that I need to install it from the Internet somewhere before I can add it to my color management? wtf.JPG

For the advanced tab, it allows me to set my device profile to sRGB but still doesn't work for lightroom to display properly.

advanced.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But my PC wouldn't let me add new profiles?!?

Check Use my settings for this device, and the Add button becomes active.

Leave the All profiles and Advanced tabs alone, everything you need to is done in the Devices tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much!!!! Solved it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2018 Jul 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help guys I have the same problem, tried how you said but still not working

I'm using Lr Classic ;(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please explain the problem in detail and post screenshots.

Also tell us what OS you are running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I copied Vivian's picture and when import it to Lr, it turned pink-ish, as well as my other pics..

I'm using Window actually..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lr.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 01, 2018 Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your screenshot shows the import dialog, which is not color managed, so it will not display correct colors – particularly if you have  a wide gamut monitor. Besides, you are importing an untagged screenshot – it has no color profile and is not color managed.

So what does your own work look like after importing (in Library and Develop) ?

Please post a screenshot of the entire Lightroom window with an unedited image in Develop.

Make sure that the Histogram and Basic panel are visible on the right, and the History panel visible on the left.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Original:

1.jpg

Right after import to Lr (Library):

2.jpg

Then Develop:

2.5.jpg

Then I tried to edit it a little bit:

3.jpg

And after I saved that ^ in my computer:

4.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for trying to help me...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 02, 2018 Aug 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The pink cast in the histogram is a telltale sign of a defective monitor profile.

When you changed the monitor profile to sRGB, did you restart Lightroom? A restart is required for Lightroom to pick up the new profile.

Also note that Windows 10 updates will sometimes install bogus monitor profiles delivered by the monitor manufacturer.

So it's a good idea to go into Color management after every Windows update to check that the monitor profile hasn't been changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By 'restart lr', do u mean just close and open it again or delete and install it again? Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean close and open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, multiple times.

Do you think because my Display says 1|2 instead of 1?

cm.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have two monitors?

If so, what profile is associated with the other monitor?

If you click on 1/2, there should be a dropdown menu where you can choose the other monitor, probably 2/2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2018 Aug 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got it thank you so much !!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar issue but in Lightroom mobile. 

I imported photos, edited them and everything looked fine, then all of a sudden after zooming in on photo and back out, a pink hue was automatically applied to the photo and all previous saved versions. If I exit view of photo back to thumbnails of all photos in the folder, it appears normal again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Per Bernsten!  I had a major pink hue problem and messed with Color Settings.  I had to change my RGB setting to VX4380 SERIES sRGB 6500K to get the color settings back to normal.  I'm not sure what happened.  Everything was pink one day.  Pretty sure it happened after a Windows update.  I tried everything until I found your post!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This pink tint issue also happens in my Lightroom mobile while taking raw pics (.dng) and it only happens after importing, I'm using Nothing phone 1 , can anyone help me with this ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread has a lot of information and possible solutions. Did you read the thread and try what has been suggested?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the replies only have solution for the pc version not the mobile one

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You have asked in the wrong forum. Your question is not about Lightroom Classic. Please ask in the Lightroom (ecosystem) forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines