• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Accelerated h264 encoder leads to LOW bitrate output (ignoring settings)

Participant ,
Aug 03, 2018 Aug 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a i5-6600k with GTX 1060, with internal GPU simultaneously enabled for accelerated h264 encoding.

While it is super fast, the behavior is erratic.

For instance, my settings are 4K, 24fps, HIGH Profile @ 6.0, CBR 150MBPS and eventually the output becomes VBR 3.6MBPS at the same resolution (checked with MediaInfo and it's clearly crap visually).

This happens 90% of the time, while at other times it doesn't obey my settings but goes slightly below 150MBPS, which is fine to me.

Any advice on how to rectify the issue?

[title edited by mod]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, there is nothing that you can do: QuickSync encoding is currently limited to around 24 Mbps. If you go far above that, the encoder WILL default to a 4 Mbps rate. So the only way to encoder at such a high bitrate would be to disable hardware acceleration and go with software only in the encoding settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is odd, because I have tested numerous times, and sometimes it can go to 62MBPS (though the behavior is erratic and unpredictable).

Separately, is it possible to use NVENC in Adobe Media Encoder?

Also, is there any HW acceleration for H265 in AME?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is hardware HEVC (H.265) acceleration in both Premiere and AME, starting with 12.1.x – but it requires a 7th-generation or later Intel CPU with QuickSync support. Your CPU is only a 6th-generation Intel I series CPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines