• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Eye and eyelid problems with Illustrator

Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2018 Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've only had this problem with Illustrator and Ch so far, but I've been ending up with only one working set of eyelids for some reason. Only one side responds to eyelid controls, blinking still works for both though. I was able to fix it by duplicating the one working eye and flipping it to the other side, but I don't know why that even worked. The layer structures on both sides were identical.

I also had an issue where I've changed the scale of eyelids in Illustrator, and when I switch back over to Ch, the eyelids no longer work. They're still tagged, they just don't respond at all. If I go back into Illustrator and "undo" and save, everything in Ch works as expected again. I'm using the latest full build. I wanted to see if anyone else had a similar issue. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 03, 2018 Aug 03, 2018

Hey all, thanks for the input! The problem seemed to fix itself after some refreshing. So I assume it was a cache problem. I'm not sure why it got so wonky, but I'm definitely being very particular about how layers are labeled even before I bring them into Ch.

Another weird thing I noticed Ch doing automatically that caused an issue: It was auto-tagging my "Left Pupil Range" and "Right Pupil Range" layers as "Pupil range, Pupil, and Pupil Size" for some reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 01, 2018 Aug 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The closest I have seen are problems like

• Two things have the same tag, so CH only sends the events to one of them (eg both eyebrows have “left eyebrow” on them)
  • The scale problem, if no other changes, sounds more like something to do with ranges. For pupils, you can have a range layer to control how far the pupil moves. Funny things happen sometimes with stray pixels and non-continuous layers tagged with the range tag. There is a “size” tag for eyelids Which I never worked out what was for. I wonder if something like that is occurring.

Happy to have a look at a puppet if you want to share a copy here or send a direct message.

Here is a blog I wrote on eyes as well, in case of any use: https://extra-ordinary.tv/2018/04/21/debugging-character-animator-eyess/  (but I don’t think it contains an answer for your problem).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 03, 2018 Aug 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would also suggest checking the tags. I was naming parts with "L" and "R" instead of "left" and "right" and Ch was assigning them to the mouth phonemes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all, thanks for the input! The problem seemed to fix itself after some refreshing. So I assume it was a cache problem. I'm not sure why it got so wonky, but I'm definitely being very particular about how layers are labeled even before I bring them into Ch.

Another weird thing I noticed Ch doing automatically that caused an issue: It was auto-tagging my "Left Pupil Range" and "Right Pupil Range" layers as "Pupil range, Pupil, and Pupil Size" for some reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One thing you need to be careful of when doing lots of edits is I think auto tagging adds tags, but does not remove them. So if you rename a layer it may keep previous tags. (I think)

So don’t only rely on the layer names. Also inside rigging go through every single layer and check the tags assigned. You may need to manually clean up / remove some “strays”.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines