• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Use Microsoft Edge Instead of Acrobat

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2018 Aug 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since all of the executives at Adobe are shielded behind approximately 10,000 "support" people and "assistants," and can't be reached directly, I'm forced to go to a forum.  OK, I admit it -- I'm still using Acrobat X.  It works fine except for large documents (I just tried to open one about 82MB in size, and Acrobat ran in the background but wouldn't open the document (I have to "kill" Acrobat with Task Manager before shutting down; otherwise I get a warning that a task is still running).

Anyway, following a hunch one day, I right-clicked on a large PDF and selected "Open With Microsoft Edge."  Presto!  It opened right up and I was able to review the contents.  So here's the message to those anonymous and sequestered execs at Adobe:  why pay an annual extortion fee for the latest and greatest Adobe products (which don't work with slow internet connections -- that's another topic entirely!) when I can use a product that comes bundled for free with Windows 10?

Just to be clear, I'd prefer if the sycophants and toadies surrounding the execs at Adobe didn't "filter" and "adjust" this message so that (by the time it reaches the execs) it reads, "What a great product!  I couldn't be happier!"

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 04, 2018 Aug 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To display PDF files you don't need Adobe Acrobat. There exists many free PDF viewers (with more or less bugs).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines