• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No video image in Premiere Pro CC2018 V12.1 Kentos

Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2018 Aug 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got both Premiere Pro CC Oct 2017 and Premiere Pro CC2018 V12.1 Kentos.

While Premiere Pro CC Oct 2017 works just fine, Premiere Pro CC 2018 V12.1 Kentos (the latest download) won't show me video for any of my clips.

The audio plays okay but I just see a black screen when I should be seeing video.

I can see a still thumbnail of the video. But not the moving video. The same clips play fine in Premiere 2017 and in other video players.

This is running on a brand new MSI Windows 10 computer with 16 GB ram, Intel i7 8750h and a Nvideo Geforce GTX 1080.

All drivers are up to date.

Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 03, 2018 Aug 03, 2018

That is normally a driver issue, and ... with going to "software only" in the Project settings for Mercury acceleration, you get your image back.

Last driver idea is occasionally it works to roll back a driver or two, so I'd try that.

Past that, going nuclear ... the Adobe CC Cleaner tool. Though the instructions say to uninstall the app via the CC Desktop app before running the Cleaner, from good personal experience, that works about 1 time in 4. It always works to get a clean install if you use

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you manually checked with the Nvidia site that your driver is up to date? Auto systems failing so often.

And is this with (in project settings) Mercury Acceleration even when set to Software Only?

Is it on all projects, including those started in 2018, or just one?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response Neil!

Yes, latest video driver from Nvidia installed (just double checked now).

Mercury Playback is enabled for either hardware or software playback.

Neither setting makes any difference.

No projects opened in Premiere Pro 2018 play video files.

Doesn't matter whether it's an existing project, or an old 2017 project or even if I create a new project, still won't show moving video.

I just uninstalled and reinstalled Premiere Pro CC 2018.

No difference.

Still got the problem.

Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is normally a driver issue, and ... with going to "software only" in the Project settings for Mercury acceleration, you get your image back.

Last driver idea is occasionally it works to roll back a driver or two, so I'd try that.

Past that, going nuclear ... the Adobe CC Cleaner tool. Though the instructions say to uninstall the app via the CC Desktop app before running the Cleaner, from good personal experience, that works about 1 time in 4. It always works to get a clean install if you use the CC Cleaner tool to do both the uninstall and cleanup.

Then reboot your machine, and install a fresh copy of 2018. BEING CAREFUL to go to the 'advanced settings' option on the install dialog, and un-checking 'remove previous versions' ... you don't want it to do that.

Neil

Adobe CC Cleaner Tool: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank Neil Haugen!

I uninstalled the latest NVidia driver and did a clean reinstall of the previous driver.

Video image fixed and now visible in Premiere Pro CC 2018!

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 04, 2018 Aug 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey, just like to help puzzle out how to get folks working again. Work's gotta get out.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines