• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why presets look different in Lighroom Classic and CC?

Explorer ,
Aug 03, 2018 Aug 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I primarily use Lightroom Classic and occasionally use Lightroom CC + mobile CC. Recently, I edited photos in the Lightroom mobile app on my phone and saved presets from the edits to CC. They synced to Lightroom CC on my laptop. I then exported them and imported them to Lightroom Classic, since I prefer working in Classic. When I applied the same preset to the same photo in Classic, both edits in CC and Classic look totally different. I double checked to see if any settings or selections were different between the both, but found that both were the exact same.

Does anyone know what could be causing this issue? (Photos below for reference)

Lightroom Classic (top), Lightroom CC (bottom)

LR Classic.pngLR CC.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 03, 2018 Aug 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd suspect maybe a different profile treatment in one than the other. As a quick test try resetting develop settings and see if the images look the same. Helps to narrow down problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 04, 2018 Aug 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reset the both of them, the one in Lightroom Classic seems to be brighter/white tones. I might import another photo into both CC and classic and see if the same issue persists.

I'm thinking it might be due to the lightroom CC file being a jpeg and Classic being a raw file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 04, 2018 Aug 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Amanda, the short course: RAW and jpg are two entirely different animals. The jpg already has a color-space and gamma curves applied; with the RAW that only happens in post-processing. What your settings apply to your RAW might be different than your jpg. This is almost certainly the cause of your differences. A good start would be to search RAWS vs jpg - others here might have a good first source to suggest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines