Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adjust several photos

Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2018 Aug 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I have two problems that I am sure have been addressed before, yet I cannot find anything.

In a nutshell, I am looking for ways to adjust several pictures by the same value, irrespective of the individual value a picture had before.

This means two things:

1. I want to apply let's say the Autoajust to all my pictures in a first step. Then, knowing that I like all pictures to be a little warmer, I want to raise the temperature of all pictures by 100 K, irrespective of the initial (totally different) values my pictures have due to the previous auto adjust. Is that possible?

2. I would like to apply some settings to all of my pictures and then keep these values as '0' for the later individual editing.

As an example, I might want to Auto Ajust all of my pictures and have the resulting values 'burnt in', so that when I later adjust a few value and than kick onto the go back / discard button (my LR is in German, so I don't know the real name), it will not go bank completely to the state I imported the pictures, but to the point where I starts my manual adjust. Off course I can archive this by doing all the bulk adjustments, then expiry all pictures to tiff and reimport, but I am sure there is a better way.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. I believe that the Quick Develop panel in the Library Module lets you make adjustments relative to the previous value.
  2. I don't think this is possible, resulting values from the Auto Adjust cannot be "burned in" and then sliders set to zero, I'm not even sure I see a point of doing this. (Maybe if you export as TIF or JPG and then re-import you can do this, but I don't really recommend this and don't see the point).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. As in the reply by dj_paige​ - Quick Develop in Library module.

2. A 'round-about work-around' might be-

Adjust an image in ACR (as you would in LR), then create a PROFILE.

In LR, apply the profile and you have all the ACR adjustments showing and the sliders are set at '0' for further adjustment.

Create multiple profiles that will allow you to "burn in" from a choice of 'styles' before you adjust further.

https://mattk.com/make-lightroom-photoshop-profiles-luts/

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 04, 2018 Aug 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depending on the size of the image set you are intending to adjust (in your initial post you mention "all my pics"), it might be worth considering Lookup Tables.

That can effectively be done with a work flow from Photoshop -> Camera raw -> Lightroom

Excellent link above

That would give you the control I believe you are looking for Jan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 04, 2018 Aug 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The other link I intended to include was-

http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/lightroom/profile-sdk/ACR_and_Lightroom_Profile_SDK.zip

This ZIP file includes the document with a Tutorial detailing how to create Profiles in ACR.

I was (am possibly still am) a 'Newbie' when talking about Profiles, LUTs, Cube files, etc, but the tutorial was easy to follow and I could easily create 'User Profiles' that appear in Lightroom.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines