• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Keep Shockwave from Crashing on Chromebook

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2018 Aug 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shockwave Flash keeps crashing on me every time I attempt to use it. On some websites it'll start loading then it'll go black and say "Shockwave Flash has crashed" and I don't know how to fix it. I look it up and all it says is to install Shockwave which it isn't allowing on Chromebook. Please help. UwU

This post moved toUsing Flash Player forum by Mod.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 05, 2018 Aug 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shockwave and Flash are two different things. If you need Shockwave, view the site on a computer instead (with Mac or Windows). If you need Flash you might be luckier but can't download it.

Suggest you describe your symptoms in detail. Some web sites give out weird and bad error messages, so it wouldn't be surprising if they claimed you needed "Shockwave Flash" even though it doesn't exist...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 06, 2018 Aug 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To facilitate assistance, please provide the following:

• Operating system version
  • Web browser and version
  • Flash Player version
  • Explain your problem in step-by-step detail if possible
  • A direct link to a web page that demonstrates the problem
  • If you get error messages, please provide a screenshot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a Chromebook Acer 11 and this is my problem. It starts to load up but then the screen will do this and say shockwave player has crashedScreenshot 2018-08-08 at 11.29.38 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 14, 2018 Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We attempted to reproduce this on our Acer Chromebooks and are not able to see the crash.  We're thinking it might be hardware specific.

Can you give us the exact make and model of your chromebook?  We'll probably have to buy one to investigate further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 06, 2018 Aug 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shockwave Flash is Flash Player, which is different from Shockwave Player.  It's super confusing, but has to do with some 90's dot-com history that can't be erased for technical reasons.

Anyway, if you have a set of steps that consistently causes the crash, we'd really like to know about them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im on an acer chromebook 11 and every time I try to go on certain online game websites it'll start up the site but then it'll say plugins blocked at the top right and then it'll go black on the website and say "Shockwave Player has Crashed" I've powerwashed my chromebook, done all the tutorials and stuff online, but nothing works and it's super frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines