• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pdf of ad hyperlink not working for me but it is for my client! :(

Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay. So I get pdf ads in for my travel guide. Guide built in Indd and goes to both print and published online.

I need to have these ads in to me with working hyperlinks that click through to web page of advertiser.

We have a problem Houston which is that I have an ad that I can't click on url to go to web page and client can.

Please don't say make my own link as sometimes this guide is 100+ pages with dozens and dozens of ads.

My question is; how can the link be working for her and not me? It is also not working for 2 other designers and

a marketing person. All but marketing person on a mac. Designers using Pro DC and pretty sure client (who can

get web page to launch) and marketing person on acrobat reader. I have now lost hours to this issue. And client says

problem at my end. Please help!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the link a plain-text URL, like http://www.adobe.com, or is it a link object (ie, just a transparent area where you can click and it should open a web-page)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2018 Aug 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

It’s a piece of text in an advert (pdf) that says www.blah sometimes it has no www. just the url without the www. But either way it works for client not me. Always no https://.

Yesterday we got 2 PDFs in. Same ad. One was saved as print pdf and a larger file size with no linked hyperlink. Other was a digital pdf with a working hyperlink (for me) and small file size. They worked for me as they should and the total opposite way for me client!! She could get the url in print ad pdf to link through to site but not the hyperlink in the digital file! Nb one had crop marks other didn’t so we knew we were talking about the right ones... I asked her which ad worked by way of file size too - was the larger print one. To be sure she sent back to me the one which was working for her.

As a test I sent these 2 ads out to 2 other people. As designer colleague said it worked for her on digital version and not print ad version (same as me) and a writer colleague got it same way as client!

So why is this? I’m now even more confused. Could it be to do with acrobat pro dc vs acrobat reader? Don’t see why it should be...

Thanks for any insight!

Jo

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Edit - Preferences - General and make sure that "Create Links from URLs" is ticked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I’ll try that.

Can you explain how client can link through and I can’t though?

As in when it comes in to both of us it’s active for her and not me? Or my designer colleague...

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 04, 2018 Aug 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe they have that setting enabled and you don't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2018 Aug 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again,

Yep that box was checked...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 05, 2018 Aug 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you share the file in question, then? Use something like Google Drive, Dropbox, Adobe Send & Track, etc., and post the link to it here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines