• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Rendering there are random green frames

Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2018 Aug 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed this only happens after I add effects. I have no third party plugins or anything and in preview I don't see the green flashes. I tried switching the rendering option to "Mercury playback software only" but that didn't help. I also can't turn off my gpu accelerator. I tried restarting and everything! Please help. Here is an example

Zippyshare.com - test123476_1.mp4

I freez framed it and found exactly what the green "flash" looks like

https://imgur.com/a/G1r6NtD​ 

it also has white dots.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

So the bugaboos are Twist and Puppet. Ok, that's good to know.

One way of handling working with Ae that many editors I know prefer ... they work with a comp in Ae and dynamic-linked to PrPro only so long as it takes to be sure the comp is in a 'final' state. As soon as they hit that, they render that clip/comp out of Ae to a 'full media' clip, and replace the original clip on the sequence with that exported clip so they don't have to use the dynamic linked comp any further.

You can always go back

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rather than linking screen grabs or short clips elsewhere please just drag/drop them onto your reply box on this forum.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try this:

Go to Edit> Preferences> Media and remove the checkbox before the item: enable Intel h.264 decoding (requires restart), o (12.1.2) Enable hardware accelerated decoding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot (8).pngI found the Enable hardware accelerated decoding option but I'm not exactly sure which box to check/uncheck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

uncheck

Screenshot+(8).png

luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I did that I rendered it in the (CUDA) rendering option and the problem persisted, after I tried rendering it in "Mercury Playback Software Engine Only" the problem was still there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 05, 2018 Aug 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excuse me, I do not understand, did you try what I mentioned before?

To be sure, after this:

Go to Edit> Preferences> Media and remove the checkbox before the item: enable Intel h.264 decoding (requires restart), o (12.1.2) Enable hardware accelerated decoding

Clean the cache folders:

FAQ: How to clean (delete or trash) media cache files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did exactly what you said, I deleted all of the cache files and Go to Edit> Preferences> Media and remove the checkbox before the item: enable Intel h.264 decoding (requires restart), o (12.1.2) Enable hardware accelerated decoding, but sadly the problem still occurred.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It gets difficult, more information is needed.

What is your OS, MAC?

What effect is the one that gives you the error? Is it an accelerated effect?

What equipment do you have?

What graphics do you have, your drivers are updated?

What format does the source file have, is MOV?., If so can you tell me the codec, you can use MediaInfo for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only effects I usesd were twist, zoom, audio reverb, puppet tool, and blend mode. My drivers are fully updated. The file is a mp4 Screenshot (9).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 06, 2018 Aug 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried either removing one effect at a time starting over and adding one effect at a time to see if on effect or combination is the cause?  4 different effects and a blend more, might be something going haywire there.

And is this on only one project or all? Is this a project that's been migrated between versions or not?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried all of the effects and these are the results

Zoom: no glitch

Twist:glitch

Puppet: slight glitch

Audio Reverb: no glitch

Blend: no glitch

I have noticed that all of the glitches are from effects coming from after effects. (I have been using the sync feature)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the bugaboos are Twist and Puppet. Ok, that's good to know.

One way of handling working with Ae that many editors I know prefer ... they work with a comp in Ae and dynamic-linked to PrPro only so long as it takes to be sure the comp is in a 'final' state. As soon as they hit that, they render that clip/comp out of Ae to a 'full media' clip, and replace the original clip on the sequence with that exported clip so they don't have to use the dynamic linked comp any further.

You can always go back to Ae and do further work, and another export/replace. But it gets better playback and fewer glitches this way.

An idea ... just to be practical. And get the job done.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you this has seemed to work! I appreciate the time and quick responses!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dynamic link is handy when you're trying to work something out. Except for when trying to blend and essentially run both complex apps simultaneously glitches od course.

I've had enough trouble with it when I do go to Ae for something I replace as soon as possible. Also, my 6 core 32Gb/RAM rig ain't enough beast to really do both.

Good to see you're working again.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2023 Mar 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much. I did it this way and it saved me a from headache, as well as future headaches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 06, 2018 Aug 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a little disoriented, with what I would have to have fixed.

I have noticed that the Alienware 17 R3 has support for Overclocking, Premiere does not support this feature, if it is active disable it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not overclocked my computer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot (7).pngThis is what the random green flash looks like

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines