• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 4 Does Not Recognize Microphone

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2009 Mar 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I submitted a bug but hopefully someone else out there has seen, and solved, this issue. I just installed Captivate 4 as part of the CS4 eLearning Suite. Prior to that, I've been using Captivate 3 with my R0DE Podcaster microphone. NO matter what I do, Captivate 4 does not want to seem to recognize it. However, every other program on my system (Soundbooth CS4, Presenter 7, Captivate 3, etc.) all see it and can use it, so the problem is definitely isolated to Captivate 4.

Anyone else see this issue?
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 10, 2009 Mar 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've seen every imaginable trouble with microphone recognition through many versions of the software. I would suggest you reinstall the microphone software, if there are specific drivers associated with it. Failing that, try reinstalling Captivate 4.

In the meantime, you should report the problem to the engineers at this link. There are so many different hardware solutions available that it is nearly impossible to test a product with all of them ... it's possible that this microphone slipped through the cracks. Good luck!

EDIT: My apologies. I just noticed that you have already reported the problem. My bad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2009 Mar 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote:

Originally posted by: CatBandit
We've seen every imaginable trouble with microphone recognition through many versions of the software. I would suggest you reinstall the microphone software, if there are specific drivers associated with it. Failing that, try reinstalling Captivate 4.

No software - it's plug and play. Arguably it's one of the best mics out there for this kind of thing and has been around for awhile. http://www.rodemic.com/microphone.php?product=Podcaster.

I may reinstall C4, but that's kind of a pain ... considering it works like a champ with everything else!

quote:

Originally posted by: CatBandit
In the meantime, you should report the problem to the engineers at this link. There are so many different hardware solutions available that it is nearly impossible to test a product with all of them ... it's possible that this microphone slipped through the cracks. Good luck!

EDIT: My apologies. I just noticed that you have already reported the problem. My bad.

If I can't solve this issue, I'm going to have to go back to Captivate 3 or another program altogether. I'm not buying new hardware due to one bug. Yes it'll mean C4 was a waste of money ... I hope it doesn't get to that.

For what it's worth, it's just using the standard MS USB audio drivers - nothing funky.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was posted on the Captivate blog - perhaps this solution would help you:

quote:

Audio play back and USB mic issue in Captivate 4

We found that in some of Vista machines with Real tek or Sigma tel sound card audio inside captivate doesn't play back. Some customers who use USB mic for recording narration also observed that device is not getting detected by Captivate. These issues were reported more on Vista and we have one solution to address both the problems. - replacing the audio dll's , Steps

Close Captivate 4 if it is open.
Download the file kept at https://share.acrobat.com/adc/document.do?docid=a14e1bd9-dc10-4456-9cd2-44489809b78e
Go to your Captivate 4 install folder (ex: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Cativate 4)
Rename nsaudio.dll as nsaudio.dll.bak or anything which doesn't have a dll extension
Copy the file from step 2 to Captivate 4 install folder
rename it as nsaudio.dll
Start Captivate 4
Try to play the audio /use USB - it should go fine

/Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2009 Apr 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I'm having the same issue with Captivate 4 not recognizing my microphone, however, I'm using Windows XP. I tried downloading the file at the link below but it said it's not available or I don't have permissions. Any suggestions on how I can access the file and if this same solution will work for me?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 05, 2009 May 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar issue with my recently-updated Cap4, only when I record my audio, the output only plays in mono rather than stereo. Cap 4 recognizes the microphone but it seems to have put a space next to the parentheses at the end of the name (see the attached screen shot). I need to locate the driver for this mike (it was purchased an office move ago, unfortunately), but I was wondering if anyone knew of a workaround. Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
May 12, 2009 May 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I solved my Vista/Logictech USB headset mic problem with this blog post link.

http://blogs.adobe.com/captivate/2009/03/audio_play_back_and_usb_mic_is.html

It worked right away! I found the blog post by searching for "microphone" in the Community Help section of Adobe Captivate's online help.

Hope this helps others.

John Daigle

Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Adobe Captivate Instructor

www.showmethedemo.com 

John Daigle
Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor
Newport, Oregon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much! That worked.

What's the difference and will this fix get rolled into an official update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources