Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Inherit zoom - Adobe Acrobat Pro DC

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I want to perform inherit zoom for the bookmarks that i have created in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. Please suggest me a solution for the same.

Regards

Vishal

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 12, 2017 Oct 12, 2017

Acrobat by itself can't do it, maybe only using a plugin.

However, it can be done using this standalone tool I've created: Custom-made Adobe Scripts: Batch Edit Zoom Level in Bookmarks

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 12, 2017 Oct 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat by itself can't do it, maybe only using a plugin.

However, it can be done using this standalone tool I've created: Custom-made Adobe Scripts: Batch Edit Zoom Level in Bookmarks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can set this in the properties of the bookmarks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but if there are so many bookmarks how can i set the inherit zoom with a single command.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

vishalraj  wrote

Yes, but if there are so many bookmarks how can i set the inherit zoom with a single command.

Read the first reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Answer found.

This works for Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, although I had to do them one at a time (I'm a beginner).

(P.S. Are you fling a legal brief in the California Second District Court of Appeal?  Their local rules insist on having electronic bookmarks for every component, table, exhibit, brief heading and sub-heading, all with the "Inherit Zoom" property.)

Okay, let's assume you have already created the bookmark, given it the name you want, and you checkmarked the Wraparound feature so that your bookmark can have as long a name as you want.  Now you want the bookmark to have the "Inherit Zoom" property.

(1) Open the bookmark navigation pane.  Do this by left-clicking the bookmark icon located on the left side of the screen.

(2) Right-click on the bookmark that you want to edit, and a menu will appear.  Choose "Properties . . ." from the menu.

(3) A dialog box will pop up.  Choose the "Actions" tab of the dialog box.  The Actions panel has an upper area and a lower area.

(4) In the upper ("Add an Action") area, the "Select action" option should be set to "Execute a Menu Item"

(5) In the lower ("Actions") area, highlight the item "Go to a page in this document" and then click the Edit button. 

(6) Set the  "Zoom: " option to "Inherit Zoom".   Then click OK, and then click OK again to complete the operation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created an open-source tool that allows you to apply inherit zoom (and other zoom levels) to all bookmarks within a PDF document or entire directories of PDFs (enclosing subdirectories included) without selecting each item manually:

https://github.com/beatngu13/pdf-zoom-wizard/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2019 Aug 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

beatngu13: I downloaded the PDF Zoom Wizard and installed Java. But everytime I Open the JAR is says there is an error and to check the Console. But the list of errors mean nothing to me and not even sure which one is related to opening the jar file.

Would love to know if anyone can figure out how to set Inherit Zoom as a default. Seems such a simple thing but since a waste of time to have to fix each bookmark. (There is a way to Select All bookmarks and ADD an action for Zoom level - but "Inherit" is not an option with that technique!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2019 Aug 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey TrishMeyer15​: Feel free to open an issue via Issues · beatngu13/pdf-zoom-wizard · GitHub, there I can try to help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2019 Aug 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks beatngu13 - I'm sure it's user error re. "getting started". I've opened an issue as you suggest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2018 Aug 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I am still trying to figure out how set Inherit Zoom as default (I used to do this with Acrobat years ago and now using and learning it again), I can tell you how to set them individually.

I'm using a Mac btw, so if you're using Windows some things may be different, don't know.

In Existing Link:

- Right Click link

- Edit Link

- Actions

- Under Actions select “Go to a page in this document” [edit: it is NOT actually necessary to make this selection if you haven't already modified the action]

- Edit

- Select Zoom level, hit OK… to close windows

Hope this helps.  If I figure out how change the default zoom level for links I will try to come back to edit or add another reply.

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 11, 2019 Aug 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Follow up: Yes, it was user error!

beatngu13's open source code called "PDF Wizard" works and it's easy once you download the right file! (I was not familiar with GitHub and so I downloaded the obvious link at the top of the page which turns out to be the source code...doh!).

On the Releases page for PDF Wizard, Releases · beatngu13/pdf-zoom-wizard · GitHub  – ignore the large link at the top (that's the code). Find the latest release (i.e., v0.4.1) and download the .jar file at the top of the ASSETS list.

PDF Wizard - which file to download.png

After downloading, double-click the .jar file in the Mac Finder and it will open the user interface. "Browse" to your PDF, select "Inherit" (or other option) from the popup, and press RUN button. This will overwrite your PDF so you may want to run it on a copy. Simple, easy, free. Thanks beatngu13!

PDF Wizard user interface.png

PS. I installed JAVA yesterday; not sure if you'll need it to run this .jar program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines