Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 4 will not show my photos when importing

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2018 Aug 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMG_1483.JPG

So my photos will not show up at all when I am trying to import. Every time I open lightroom it asks if I want to update, I go to updates and there are known I should pick from. So I need help, I only want to edit my pictures.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2018 Aug 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version number of Lightroom are you using? Please report the top 10 lines from System Info...

LR Menu: HELP > SYSTEM INFO...

What Camera Model Number are the CR2 files from?

Why are you "Copying" the files from one hard-drive location to another destination?

Are the files on an External drive?

A few more details may help determine an answer.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2018 Aug 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Lightroom 4 version 4.1.

Lightroom version: 4.1 [829322]

Version: 10.13 [6]

Application architecture: x64

Physical processor count: 4

Processor speed: 2.7 GHz

Built-in memory: 8192.0 MB

Real memory available to Lightroom: 8192.0 MB

Real memory used by Lightroom: 276.6 MB (3.3%)

Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 3609.7 MB

Memory cache size: 44.5 MB

Displays: 1) 1280x800

These files are on a external hard drive but it does not matter if it is on the external or a sd card. It does not matter if I am copying the files or moving or copy as DNG.

The camera is a Canon 80d.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your camera is too new for LR 4. You need Lightroom 6.5 or later. Also, in general, Lightroom 4 on OSX 10.13 does not behave well, and there are many problems. You need to upgrade (which requires a purchase) your Lightroom to either 6.14 or 7.4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As in the reply from dj_paige​ above.

If you do not upgrade Lightroom, your only option may be to convert your CR2 files to DNG with the free Adobe DNG Converter program

copy as DNG.

Will NOT work in the Import step! You have to use the Converter.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, with all due respect, WobertC , I don't think using the DNG converter is a good solution in this case, because you still have the problem that LR 4 and OSX 10.13 are not compatible. LR 4 may run (or it may not run) under OSX 10.13, but I certainly wouldn't trust it for real work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

LR 4 and OSX 10.13 are not compatible. but I certainly wouldn't trust it for real work.

Good advice!

(Me- ignorant of "Mac" systems )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines