• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat DC freezing

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Acrobat DC freezes constantly on my new MacBook Pro. This wasn't happening before but now it is a daily, maybe hourly occurrence.

I am not sure what commands trigger this but it is very annoying. Anyone with the same problem? Solution?

Thanks

Ugljesa Janjic

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Ugljesa.Janjic,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, as per the description above, Acrobat Pro DC is crashing, Is that correct?

Please check for any pending updates from Help>Check for updates, reboot the machine and use Acrobat and see if this brings any difference.

Try resetting the preferences of Acrobat, to reset preferences, refer to How to reset Acrobat Preference settings to default.

Reboot the machine and see if Acrobat is still freezing.

If the issue persists, please use Acrobat cleaner tool to remove Acrobat Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

Reboot the machine, and install Acrobat from Download Pro or Standard versions of Acrobat DC, 2017, XI, or X

If you still face the issue, please share the following details:

Let us know how it goes and share your findings.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2018 Aug 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is the same "canned" answer to all the questions about acrobat freezing. Nothing here is helping me. Has anyone found an answer that works? I am using the cloud based software, so it is always updated to current version. I open Acrobat and can work for about 20 seconds, then it freezes. that is the cycle. I force quit, reopen my doc, work for 20 seconds, freeze... I have reset prefs, reboot, run first aid on my local disk... problem persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 06, 2018 Aug 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi MindybeeD,

We're sorry for the trouble you had if you have tried all the suggestions and solutions shared above and the issue still persists, please contact the Acrobat technical support team so that they can schedule a remote session and can investigate and assist you further Contact Customer Care

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines