Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro has stopped playing audio

Explorer ,
Aug 06, 2018 Aug 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Premiere Pro all of a sudden has stopped playing audio. I've searched forums to find the solution, and have consequently tried clearing the cache, soloing and un soloing a track, dragging the audio tracks onto other tracks and duplicating the sequence.  I've also deleted everything in the Common folder, and made sure all files are conformed.

Still nothing. This is ridiculous, I'm having to abort my edit this evening because my software doesn't work.  As there's no way to contact Adobe directly, I'm hoping and praying someone here can help me.

Does anyone have any ideas or workarounds they would be kind enough to share we me?  Any advice would be much appreciated.

Many thanks!

Paul

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately nobody knows what you are using. PC clone, Mac ? Those computers have certain settings that can be checked to see if they are correct to play sounds. There are also many ways to play sound from computers. Headphones, Speakers, etc.

You'll probably figure it out long before you have the time to tell people what you are using and give enough information for anyone to be helpful.

There are, however, some settings in "preferences" for audio hardware and drivers in PPro, and sometimes playing with that stuff makes it work even if you have no clue what you are doing.

Good luck !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P.S. I usually have no clue what I AM DOING, so it's sorta normal for me to assume others might be in same boat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rodney,  thanks for your response.

In answer to your questions, I'm using a Mac (Mid 2010) El Capitan, 12-core Intel Xeon.

I'm trying to use Premiere Pro CC 12.1.1, and the problem has persisted for about 3 updates now.  (Serves me right for updating mid-project! schoolboy error!)  My Audio Hardware settings are unchanged. Device Class: CoreAudio, Built-in Digital Audio Input and Output.

Strange thing is, the audio plays through my Kona LHi-0 card, just not through the Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hmmmm

I use PC and maybe this recent thing I did will help give you something to look into. I installed a black magic mini monitor card the other week ( SDI and HDMI outputs). The instructions were lacking in fine explanations, but basically the gist was that to use the card and reference monitor connected via SDI, and to edit using PPro, certain settings were required. Like, audio had to be assigned to the BM card, video playback to card, and only black magic 'project settings' used when starting a new project. It turns out that I wanted sound from my computer, so I undid that 'assign to black magic card' stuff for audio. So now I can use my headphones from computer or to stereo from headphone jack like before. I couldn't have both. One or the other.

Maybe there's something in your preferences in Kona settings and preferences in PPro that will give you sound back to computer rather than the Kona card ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm now having to listen to my edits via a hi-fi (that's connected to my AJA Kona card).  That's a workaround that seems to be fine.

I guess I'll have to wait until the next update, when hopefully they fix this issue.  I would contact Adobe, but they've made it impossible to if you have a technical issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines