• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Arms not attached to body

Explorer ,
Aug 06, 2018 Aug 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The independent arms created in my puppet are not attached to the body although I have the arm layer attached to auto, independent ticked on and hinge style.

Tried all kind options but it does not work. This is the 2nd time I have encountered this problem since the last release. Is this a bug or  ....

Help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Also problem now solved with this puppet by making the Marga Mulder layer independent. Thanks again for your suggestions

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joop,

Are you able to attach an image of the rigging mode to help us see what is happening?

Alternatively, if you haven't tried already Select the arm layer > move the origin point to where the arm would connect to the shoulder.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Tiffany said - screen shot of arm layer rigging would help a lot, plus screen shot of parent independent layer(s) arm is trying to attach to.

For arm layer, is the origin handle green indicating itā€™s attached to the parent? Or are you trying to attach to a sibling independent group by mistake? (Sometimes people go overboard with independent layers and donā€™t connect them all up. You have to have a parent layer with actual content to attach to.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a screenshot of arm attached in rigging mode. In my opinion in a correct way Arm attached.png

Here a screenshot in record mode and you can see arm is not attached to body

Arm not attached.PNG

Looking forward to your answer and thanks for your kind help.

Joop Luten

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the screenshot, have you tried moving the ā€œleft armā€ anchor a bit more to the right, so it both overlaps the parent layer (making it go green like it is in the screenshot) and the arm itself (it looks like it the center of the anchor point is outside the blue rectangle).

Also try making the root puppet layer independent as well. The ā€œMark Rutteā€ layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I think your suggestion to move into the blue rectangle is helping me out of the problem. Will see if it also helps with another puppet I created and having the same problem. Again thanks for your help.

Joop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joop

I was going to say the same thing as Alan.  Also, it's good to re-watch this, Getting Started in Adobe Character Animator CC - YouTube

Watch where Dave puts the handle in the first few seconds of this link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But with this puppet the problem remains. Attach within blue box and to body (green nit shown on screenshot)

But in record mode not attached

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also problem now solved with this puppet by making the Marga Mulder layer independent. Thanks again for your suggestions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines