• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

getting raw+jpg together again

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2018 Aug 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

some of my raws and jpegs were imported in a "wrong" way: they appear seperated.

now i want to "merge" them togather again like "dng+jpg".

how can i accomplish this without reimporting these photos and losing all of the data?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2018 Aug 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Explain "Wrong way".

"Separated" -do you mean you see both the raw DNG and the JPG in the catalog library?

Why is it a problem?

Do not try re-importing (or synchronizing ) until more is known.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, by that i mean, that are shown side by side, instead as "one" with the marking "RAW+JPG".

and i still would like to know how to "merge" them or how to "seperate" them after and/or independently from an import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You should be able to do this in the following way, but I never tried it myself:

1: In the preferences, uncheck the option to treat JPEGs as separate files.

2: Right-click the folder where they reside in the folder panel and choose 'Synchronize Folder'.

I know that the opposite does work this way (separate raw+jpeg after they were imported), so I assume it should also work if you want to 'merge' them.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines