Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the chance to wear one of these for a few minutes... SciFi idea made real

Home - Realwear

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 05, 2018 Aug 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like the Village People Fortnite team.   I'm only pretending to be a cool gaming kind of a dude.  I wouldn't know one computer game from another if I saw it on screen, unless it happened to be the original Doom.

You can see how something like that could be useful, although it worries me how much you could see in that tiny screen, and if you could even focus on something that close?  I saw a similar device for motorcycle helmets recently.

It also puts me in mind of the Gargoyles in Neal Stephenson's Snow Crash novel.  This is someone's depiction of the character Lagos, who is permanently wired into the net  in what I believe is a non reversible way. 

Image result for snow crash Gargoyles

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 05, 2018 Aug 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you go to a game show where any of these devices are demoed you will see people falling down and walking into each other because it messes with the normal way the brain talks to the body i.e, a heads up display in real life = people watch the display and walk out under a bus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Aug 06, 2018 Aug 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is normal for a product like to be demolished at the current stage because neither do people get the feeling of how it will end up or is it something they really need. RIP for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines