Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign crashed, I lost my work

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everybody,

I was working on a edition of a magazin on Indesign and the software crashed and when I try to open again Indesign, I have loose all my work !

Is not the first time that shit happens and am paying for that so I am really annoying !

Do we have a solution to retrieve the file ? or just a more recent back up ?

THanks in advance for your answers !

Best regards

Chloé

Bonjour,

Je travaillais sur la mise en page d'un magazine quand le logiciel Indesign a planté, me perdant tout mon travail. Ce n'est pas la première fois que cela arrive et je suis embêtée car je paye pour ça chaque moi.

Y aurait-il une solution pour récupérer mon travail ?

D'avance merci pour vos réponses !

Chloé

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Branched and Discussion successfully moved from Forum comments to InDesign

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying that you lost all of the things you'd done in the file since you last saved or that the file is now corrupt and will not reopen? When working in any program you should always be saving constantly to avoid losing as little work as possible. You should also keep backups of jobs that you can go back to if there is a problem. If the file is corrupt there may not be a way to save it but without more details it is hard to know.

As to the crash you referred to. Is this a frequent problem for you? If so please be specific about it and don't automatically assume that it is the fault of the software. When a crash happens on a computer there are usually many possible reasons for it. If you want help to avoid problems in the future please let us know what version of InDesign and what operating system you're using. If you've been having problems have you tried trashing preferences or cache files or reinstalled the program? If you give an overview of your situation there are many people on this forum who will try to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system? What version of InDesign?

Any info you can give?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Chloé,

We have been waiting for your response to this query.

Kindly update the discussion if the issue is resolved or you need further assistance with it.

Thanks,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines