• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere often re-indexes video files for no apparent reason

Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very often, but not always, Premiere Pro CC re-indexes my video files when I open an existing project. It does this even though none of the files or folders have been moved or altered in any way. I cannot figure out why this is happening and would like a solution. Is there something in the preferences that needs to set? Could there be something else going on I'm not aware of? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm using Premiere Pro CC 2018 on a Windows 10 64-bit PC.

-KM

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does "re-index" mean? Re-order?

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you import a new video file into Premiere, the program indexes it. I cannot tell you specifically what it's doing, but in the lower right corner of the screen you'll see the words "Indexing <file name>. Once this is done, Premiere should not have to index it again if the file has not changed. However, Premiere often indexes files already in my project when I reopen it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

On my system, it reads "conforming" is that what you mean?

Conform media in Premiere Pro

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines