• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clip exports from the wrong start point

Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2018 Aug 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. I am having trouble exporting. Basically I am exporting a music video I directed and every single clip looks identical to the preview, except for the three slow motion clips. These start at a completely different time than where I sliced them from their source in the sequence. For example  have one clip that I cut at the 1 minute mark, and it, without fail, exports at a different place every time I try (export it starts at the 3 minute mark of the source clip, or two minute mark) What is the fix for this? Is it a bug?

Please let me know if I can provide any further information

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Export window you have 4 options that you can find under 'Source Range' :

01. Entire Sequence

02. Sequence In/Out

03. Work Area

04. Custom

Check if you are using the correct option

If you are using options 02 and 03, check if you have set up the handles or In/Out points correctly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thing is, it's exporting parts of the clip that aren't on the sequence at all. For example, I have one clip thats only from 01:01 to 01:02 on the source, but it exports from 03:03 -03:05 (Which is not a part of the sequence at all)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete all media cache.

FAQ: How to clean media cache files |Adobe Community

And export again if the source range is not the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is often seen when Time Remapping is applied to a clip along with other effects.  If that is the case here, try nesting the clip, applying the Time change to the original, and the other effects to the nest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2018 Aug 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a nest and it didn't work. Is there anything else I can do? Maybe even link to another person who had this issue? Thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try this and reply us back :

Right click on your clip - Make Subclip

This will create a sub clip in the Project Panel

Right click on the sub clip in the project panel and choose export media

What happens ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey so the sub clip is at the wrong point as well. Just like it changes the cut during the export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

go to sequence and delete render files

then clean your media cache and restart Premiere Pro

if the issue persists, send us a short video recording of whats happening

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've done all those things. ok I will send a video when I get the chance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can let us know how exactly did you do the slomo ?

What's your clip's frame rate and what are your sequence settings ?

What are the export settings you are using ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I slowed it down to 17.2 %. Am exporting with H.264 but have tried other methods

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

screenshots and a short video would be helpful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try slowing it down to 34.4%, nest the clip and then slow the nest 50%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Caseyfacehead  wrote

I made a nest and it didn't work. Is there anything else I can do? Maybe even link to another person who had this issue? Thank you for your help!

Yeah post 2 and also delete preview files if you are using them in the export settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi Ann, what do you mean by "post 2" ? I also did delete the preview files. It shows up as a different time even in the export preview window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2023 Sep 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It seems that my problem was that I interpreted the footage to another frame rate (from 30fps to 24fps) to fit in a 24fps timeline. When I changed it back in my footage bin my exports were working properly again (I didn't need to replace them in the timeline, it worked automatically).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines