• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Retrieve edits from lrcat file - ninja genius required!

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got an lrcat file that contains the edits for 584 files in it (when I open it in a text editor). However, when I open the lrcat file in Lightroom it lists zero files.

Any chance some SDK ninja could help me out and parse the lrcat file and export a folder of corresponding xmp files? Or fix the lrcat file so it can "see" the images it's storing the edits for?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the size of the catalog file?

If the catalog file when opened in LR notes zero images imported then I seriously doubt there are 584 images that that catalog file holds edit for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The lrcat file size is 19.4MB. If I do a fresh export of the exact same 584 files the lrcat file size is 5.6MB. When I open the 19.4MB file in a text editor I can read the adjustments in the sql. Both of those lead me to believe the edits are in the lrcat file, but when the file is opened in Lightroom it lists 0 images in the catalog.

Do you think the edits are retrievable?

Link to the catalog:

Dropbox - 06-30 - Marie + Colm - 584.lrcat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are probably opening the wrong catalog file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Just+Shoot+Me  wrote

You are probably opening the wrong catalog file.

I wish it was that simple!! I've already spent hours trying to manually extract the edits from the code in the lrcat file to a new catalog as well as a few hours on two different support sessions.

It's a really weird issue (hence the ninja genius requirement!) but I'm sure someone can help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are comfortable with the SQL language, you can install the tools from SQLite.org and run queries against the catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines