• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

STILL CANNOT CHANGE CLIP SPEED TO WHAT I WANT!!!

Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, it does not surprise me at all that when I want to change the speed of a clip to 10,000 perfect Premiere bricks... can't even attempt to play the clip, can't even render the file... just one more feature Adobe offers that doesn't work like countless others.

What is inexcusable however is that I cannot type "100%" back into the speed change dialog box... typing to type the number 1 does not appear... the speed automatically becomes 2.11% and the two zeros I type following the one in one hundred go before the 2, so I get 002.11%.

Posted this before and embarrassed the low-rent support so much they locked the forum....

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO FIX THIS PROBLEM....

ACPs, keep in mind fixing a problem is not the same thing as telling me you do not have that problem. A first grader would know that and so should you.

SO CAN I HAVE THIS FIXED FOR MY $70 THIS MONTH ALONE NOW???????

can't speed up a clip to 10,000% ... premiere stops working

cannot type 100% into the dialog box, very clear BUG premiere has!

while I'm here I'll give you a bonus one...

After duplicating a sequence and exporting it the Audio only, I found that the duplicated sequence wasn't an exact match; one of the audio tracks was missing the effects I put on it, it was clear that the track was way too low in the mix after only duplicating a sequence where the track was correctly missed.

I know the support team here probably hasn't had that happen to them, but people who actually spend time editing have these problems every single day.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

hello,

what is the source format of your input video? What version of premiere are you using? on which OS and what are your hardware specs?

I have no issues in speeding up my 1h34 minutes 4k feature to a mear 48 seconds at 9996,79%. And it plays back smoothly

About the second issue in getting back to 100%, I did encounter the bug when the "link" icon between time and duration was deactivated. Clicking on the icon fixed the speed text field and I could enter any amount properly.

I suggest detailing t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

matth99297433  wrote

Posted this before and embarrassed the low-rent support so much they locked the forum....

No thread get's locked because of an embarrassing problem description but because the discussion on the problem derails. Generally speaking, the moderators are quite tolerant on when to lock a discussion. The Adobe recommendations on this are so that you can strongly criticise Adobe, the programs and the support, as long as you do not get into profanities.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello,

what is the source format of your input video? What version of premiere are you using? on which OS and what are your hardware specs?

I have no issues in speeding up my 1h34 minutes 4k feature to a mear 48 seconds at 9996,79%. And it plays back smoothly

About the second issue in getting back to 100%, I did encounter the bug when the "link" icon between time and duration was deactivated. Clicking on the icon fixed the speed text field and I could enter any amount properly.

I suggest detailing this bug on the bur report page here: Premiere Pro: Hot (2018 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

This is the best way to make sure the premiere developers sees the bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The reason you've been blocked multiple times has to do entirely with your attitude and comments behavior in your posts ... such as this, which for you has been rather mild:

ACPs, keep in mind fixing a problem is not the same thing as telling me you do not have that problem. A first grader would know that and so should you.

Well, a first grader in your terms should also realize that because one user has an issue when they do something to an extreme, does not equal that the app is broken and all users must be having the same issue.

I know the support team here probably hasn't had that happen to them, but people who actually spend time editing have these problems every single day.

First ... Product Support Manager Kevin Monahan who oversees the Adobe support staff here is an old-hand. He taught FCP in LA back in the 3/4/5 days, as I recall. He's worked as an editor, colorist, and whatever else you can think of. VERY experienced in video post, and still does a ton of it. It's quite possible ... he's got far more real-world experience than you in major video post houses. Maybe not, but quite possible. Given how long he's been in the biz, more likely than not.

Second ... many of the users 'helping' around here have experience near to or exceeding Kevin's. And are gracious enough to come help others, with the knowledge they'll get some ... bloke ... being nasty to them for trying to help. Yea, real life there also.

For the development team to fix something, they have to be able to replicate it. Which is why yenaphe suggested filing the proper bug report that does get to the development team directly. Your problems could very well be from some specific thing within your machine, and maybe happen to others with an exact match of ... something. Those types of issues can be a right pain to identify let alone fix. The engineers need the feedback on such things.

The vast majority of users aren't have the same issues you're posting, or we'd see a ton of posts about them here. The volume on this forum since the last update release a few weeks back has been the lowest I can recall. For which I'll give the developers some credit.

That said, this is far from a perfect app. There are some major things that hit certain users, and figuring out why so it can be fixed is something worth doing. Something the current PrPro management is also working on better than in the past.

I also work with Resolve some, which hath a marvelous complete manual, much better than PrPro. Though the newest pdf manual that's hard to find sadly is a ton better than anything PrPro's had in years. I have also needed to query about things on the Resolve forum which gee ... is very much like this. It's where the people with buggy behavior or misunderstanding of how things work go to get their issues sorted. And the users who aren't having issues ... don't.

So from that forum, Resolve 'seems' to be a very buggy problematic app. Well, that's an easily formed impression looking at any app's troubleshooting forum. In aisle talk with others at NAB every year, every NLE from Avid to Resolve to FCP (X or otherwise) to PrPro has its good parts, and its troubles. Some user can work PrPro without issue but Resolve crashes on his rig all the time. Another guy has the reverse.

Real world life experiences.

Work with people, respect them, and things tend to work easier. Be a ... pain ... and things tend to be painful. It's all user choice.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines