Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need help with Media Reactor lite addon

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

Being a PC user, working with .mov files, Media Reactor offers great options!

So I bought it and installed it, but I haven't be able to use it so far....

I've encountered two main issues :

- I can't export QT H264 -> I don't have the codec displayed in the MOV QuickTime file (MR) list (only ProRes/YCBR/DNX)

- I tried to export a ProRes file but I'm getting an error :

Capture.PNG

I tried to put a video limiter effect, but nothing changed...

I've contacted Media Reactor support, but they aren't helpful at all. They were supposed to came back to me with a new version within the week, but It's been 3 months now. And everytime I ask them for an updated the answer is always the same : next week.

Did someone encountered the same issues? I tried to reinstall it, without succes.

Thx.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To the best of my knowledge, the only legal way to create ProRes files on Windows is using Blackmagic Fusion.  There have been other companies offering such an option, but those options always seem to "go away" in short order.

MP4 is fairly ubiquitous for H.264.  I would recommend just using that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, but only the studio version allows you to do ProRes files, which is not in my budget....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's only $300 now.

Additionally, Cineform and DNx are every bit as good as ProRes.  DNx has the added advantage of coming in the superior MXF container.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines