• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sony RX100VI

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sow Adobe, you update your camera's at 19th of June and the RX100VI is not available..? Hello.., I want to use Lightroom for my RX100VI. Please make it happen.

Anyone who can help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

I think the RX100VI was released after the coding phase of the newest update of Lightroom has ended. So you have to wait to the next update. Meanwhile you can you the Sony software to convert the picture in DNG and then you can import in Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the RX100VI was released after the coding phase of the newest update of Lightroom has ended. So you have to wait to the next update. Meanwhile you can you the Sony software to convert the picture in DNG and then you can import in Lightroom

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The official release date is July 2018. How many people have one already? Adobe could have included support only if Sony made an advance unit available and even then the support would probably have been provisional.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on historical data, the RX100 VI will likely be supported in the next release of LR. On average, 69% of new Sony models are supported in the release following the announcement of the camera (the VI was announced on 6/5/2018).  And historically, new releases of LR 6 and 7 have come out every 8 weeks.  So we'll likely see LR 7.5 in August.

See here for details: Re: Timing of Lightroom releases

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...and 100% of all new Sonys are supported by the second release after the announcement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess I have to wait. In the Sony raw converter there is unfortunately no option to export as DNG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then save them from the Sony software as TIF images and Import those into Lightroom for the time being. Hold on to the raw images until Lightroom is updated again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quote "I guess I have to wait. In the Sony raw converter there is unfortunately no option to export as DNG."

The reality of the issue is "you have purchased a camera from Sony "so Sony is the only institution that has any commitment /obligation to provide support for your purchase.

Your choice to use Adobe software to process the raw files from your Sony product is hampered by a time frame for Adobe to create and test the profiles they need for the support of your camera model. This is required for each and every new model introduced to the market.

If Adobe software is critical to your needs then you have the option to wait until the Camera Model is supported before purchasing the new Camera Model.

You also have the option to use the software that your Camera Manufacturer provides for free to process the raw files.

This issue has existed for more than 15+ years since the introduction of Adobe Camera Raw/ Lightroom raw processing applications and its stunning that experienced photographers both amateurs and professionals are not aware that Adobe is providing an ​alternative to your Camera Manufacturers application and are not just copying their product.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's August 8th. When can we expect it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As stated: "Historically, new releases of LR 6 and 7 have come out every 8 weeks.  So we'll likely see LR 7.5 in August."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2018 Aug 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi All,

We're happy to announce the release of Lightroom Classic CC 7.5 & Lightroom CC 1.5.

This update includes the support for Sony RX100 VI (DSC-RX100M6) camera.

Here's the list of what's new in this release:

Lightroom Classic CC 7.5: New features summary for the October 2017 and later releases of Lightroom Classic CC

Lightroom CC 1.5: New features summary for the October 2017 and later releases of Lightroom CC across devices

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected and share your feedback with us.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines