• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop adding contrast from LR

Explorer ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, help would be very much appreciated.

In LR, when I right click - Edit in Photoshop, contrast and saturation is added when the image opens up in CS. Colour setting in LR is set to Edit-Preferences-External Editing-Colour space-ProPhoto RGB.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Problem solved! I simply uninstalled LR then re-installed it and is now V 7.4.

Thank you all very much for your assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RobCanis,

Sorry that unwanted contrast and saturation is being added to your images when you edit choose "Edit in Photoshop" in Lightroom.

Could you please let us know the version of Photoshop and Lightroom you're working with? What is the color profile and color settings set in Photoshop?

I'd recommend that you take a look at this article https://lightroomkillertips.com/keeping-your-color-consistent-between-lightroom-and-photoshop/ and let us know if that helps rectifying the issue.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Akash+Sharma  wrote

I'd recommend that you take a look at this article https://lightroomkillertips.com/keeping-your-color-consistent-between-lightroom-and-photos hop/ and let us know if that helps rectifying the issue.

Please stop posting links to this article, which contains wrong and misleading information.

See Re: LR edits not showing in PS properly and Re: Lr cc to Photoshop cc automatic colour changes

There is no need for working spaces or profiles to match between applications - the image should display correctly regardless, and having Adobe RGB or even sRGB as a working space in Photoshop is fine. ProPhoto, having a very large color gamut, has the advantage of providing editing headroom, but should never be used for final output. And again, there is no need to set the working space in Photoshop to ProPhoto, an image coming from Lightroom in ProPhoto will open in ProPhoto, as long as Preserve embedded profiles is chosen under Color management policies in Color settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops, missed that! Yes! That's a ghost that should be exorcised permanently - this is wrong and completely misunderstood.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response. I'm with CC and are updated to latest versions. Both LR and CS are set to ProPhoto.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like your Lightroom and ACR versions are out of sync. The number after the dot is important - Lightroom 7.4 and ACR 10.4 are corresponding versions.

A major change to camera profiles was made between the dot 2 and dot 3 versions, with some new profiles and a totally new default profile.

When you "Edit in Photoshop" from Lightroom, the file isn't actually opened by Lightroom. It just passes its settings to ACR, which then opens the file silently into Photoshop. If ACR uses a different camera profile, the result will be different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. I have LR 10.1 and CS 19.1.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RobCanis  wrote

Interesting. I have LR 10.1 and CS 19.1.5

You probably have LR 7.1, which has Camera Raw 10.1. So you need to update Lightroom to 7.4, which has Camera Raw 10.4,

Photoshop 19.1.5 is the latest release, but to be on the safe side, go to Help > About Plugins > Camera Raw, and verify that you have the 10.4 version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. How do I update LR to 7.4? I open Help-Updates and tells me there are no updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This should be handled in the CC desktop app, not through application Help.

If the CC app doesn't show any updates, sign out and back in. This will force a rescan of all installed applications and versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Signed out, signed in, only allows me to update to 7.3.1 which i have done and no change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this help?

Lightroom version: CC 2015.14 [ 1149743 ]

License: Creative Cloud

Language setting: en

Operating system: Windows 10 - Home Premium Edition

Version: 10.0.17134

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Huh. That's weird. You should be here:

LR.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's your CC app version? Don't know if it matters, but can't hurt:

CC.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, all I can say right now is that this is an old Lightroom version (7.1), and this is exactly the problem here. I have no idea why it refuses to see the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate your help. I guess the next move it to contact Adobe or, alternatively, reinstall. Thanks again, it's much appreciated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The screenshot you posted shows that you have Lightroom CC 2015.14 with Camera Raw 10.1.

As far as I know, there was no 2015.14 version – I think the last version was 2015.12 – which had Camera Raw 9.12, so you have a messed up install.

There have been some cases similar to yours on the Lighrooom forum, so I'll get a moderator to move this thread there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are situations where updates are not seen. I do not know the cause, but my desktop at work is such a situation. The IT solution is to rebuilt the OS, what I until now did not allow them to do. My solution to upgrade is deinstall/install. It downloads then the correct program version.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Problem solved! I simply uninstalled LR then re-installed it and is now V 7.4.

Thank you all very much for your assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Untitled-1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine says copyright 2007-2017

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's baffling me! It's as if I've added +10 Contrast and +10 Saturation as soon as I, from LR, Edit in-Edit in Adobe Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then you have an outdated Lightroom version, which fully explains what you see (as I explained above).

You must have Lightroom 7.4 seven-four, and ACR 10.4 ten-four. These are the latest and corresponding versions.

And again, your Photoshop and Lightroom color settings are totally irrelevant here. That has nothing to do with it, please disregard the misleading advice you were given about this.

EDIT cross post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Discussion successfully moved from Photoshop to Lightroom Classic CC — The desktop-focused app

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines