Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Digital Editions and Linux Ubuntu

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning!

I would like to download Adobe Digital Editions on my Linux Ubuntu computer.

Please, Adobe, create Adobe Digital Editions for Linux!!!

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe aren't interested in providing a Linux version of Adobe Digital Editions.. Never have been and never will be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 24, 2017 Dec 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's well known enough. But "not interested" doesn't mean that Adobe should stop being lame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2020 Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacOS is linux kernel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2020 Apr 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually, that's not quite correct. MacOS runs a UNIX based kernel, which Linux sort of is also based on. They are more like cousins than siblings. It's a long and interesting history that I recommend that you read more about. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for Cloud on Linux https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1057800

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And this is a shame. Unfortunately I made the mistake to buy a book without noticing the system requirements.

The fact is that I use LINUX and period. A company that provides this kind of services should be more open to allow any users to access their legally bought e-books in a cross-platform approach.

I hate M$ Windows and I can't be obliged to buy something I don't like, MAC is expensive, Android... Ok, I have my Android phone, but it is a small phone and not very comfortable to read an extensive technical book.

I admit it was my fault I didn't notice the requirements and that ADE is not Linux friendly, but honestly I'm very disappointed with Adobe and their ADE software. I think for a corporation with this size and for such a specific tool, that has to be welcomed buy all e-book sellers in order to protect their books and avoid piracy, a wider and more open mind is a demand and an obligation for Adobe.

Otherwise is like telling Linux users to look for a e-book illegally (using torrents) or to spend hours trying to find a solution to make ADE to work with Wine. (4.5 is not working at all on my setup). I'm still hanging around a way to make 3.0 working and downgrading my Wine setup, not sure if it will work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2018 Dec 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did finally get 4.5 to work in Wine but it took a lot of googling and is a bit flaky at times, Unfortunately I lost the reference I used to do it so I don't dare touch the set up and hope I never need to reinstall.

It is a major failing of Adobe to provide no legal means of using eBooks on Linux without a great deal of effort to make their product work in Wine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2018 Aug 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, do it! Do it now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also wish a version of ADE for linux...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe,

Please create ADE for Linux!

Paolo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines