• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bullets/styles in Robohelp 8

Participant ,
Mar 11, 2009 Mar 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We just upgraded to Robohelp 8. We use a style sheet that we created. Some of the styles have bullets or numbering a,b,c, and so on. Now that we are on Robohelp 8, it is replacing these bullets and letters with regular numbers. So a topic that previously was 1,2,3,a,b,c,4 is now 1,2,3,4,5,6,4

We found that we can go into every topic that is numbered with these bullets or letters and select the option Bullet Positioned within Paragraph in Bullets and Numbering. This fixes the problem but we'll have to go thru every single topic we have to find them. We have over 14,000 topics in one of our help files so this is not an option.

There's more....when looking at the topic in Design mode, the bullets appear as we styled them. You can only find these problems in the view mode where you've click on the eyeglasses to view or the build output.

Can someone help me here? I'm ready to go back to Robohelp 6. This sucks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Mar 13, 2009 Mar 13, 2009
I've got the answer!! When compiling you need to apply the correct style sheet to all topics.

From File, click Generate then select Primary Layout. In the HTML Help Options dialog box, click Apply to All Topics then select CSS. Use the drop down arrow to select your style sheet. (ours was defaulting to default.css which is not what we use) I then generated as usual and all my bullets were fine. WHAT A RELIEF.

Hope this helps someone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might want to use a good replace tool to make those necessary changes in the code, rather than in the GUI or even in the project (much faster and cleaner). Use a product like FAR or BKReplaceEm, which will find and replace code on multiple lines (which RH does not). Once you've identified the code you need to find and then replace, the process is screaming fast, at least it is for me with FAR.

God luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I upgraded from RoboHelp 6 to 8 and the indented bullets do not appear correctly.
I also had to fix it page by page. But then, I found another problem. When I generated a WebHelp, it looked find on Internet Explorer, but not on Mozilla or Chrome.

Can something be changed in the css to force the 2nd tier of bullets to look okay. (The 3rd tier looks okay. I select the BULTIN style and then indent it.).

My css for the indented bullets looks like this:

P.BULTIN {
text-align: left;
font-family: "Arial Unicode MS", sans-serif;
color: #000000;
margin-top: 0pt;
margin-right: 0pt;
line-height: Normal;
margin-bottom: 4.5pt;
font-size: 10pt;
margin-left: 18pt;
}
LI.P-BULTIN {
text-align: left;
font-family: "Arial Unicode MS", sans-serif;
color: #000000;
text-indent: -0pt;
line-height: Normal;
font-size: 10pt;
list-style: inside circle;

Thanks,
Debbie Sarig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 13, 2009 Mar 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I've got the answer!! When compiling you need to apply the correct style sheet to all topics.

From File, click Generate then select Primary Layout. In the HTML Help Options dialog box, click Apply to All Topics then select CSS. Use the drop down arrow to select your style sheet. (ours was defaulting to default.css which is not what we use) I then generated as usual and all my bullets were fine. WHAT A RELIEF.

Hope this helps someone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp