• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't open PDFs in Acrobat CC on MacBook

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suddenly found last week that Acrobat won't open any PDFs on my MacBook. I have CreativeCloud so I've uninstalled and reinstalled twice but it hasn't solved the issue. The program seems to launch and the icon appears in the dock, but doesn't open. It's working fine on my desktop Mac. Any suggestions? Thanks.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Hi Aligneddesignco,

As per the issue description, you are not able to open PDF files in Acrobat, Is that correct?

Open a few files with Acrobat, go to Window -> Cascade -> Tile and see if that brings up the PDFs.

You may also refer to the following KB Doc: Can't open PDF  Link: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/kb/cant-open-pdf.html

if this does not help, please uninstall the Acrobat by running the uninstaller file of Acrobat from the Application menu, restart the computer, and reinstall the Acroba

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Aligneddesignco,

As per the issue description, you are not able to open PDF files in Acrobat, Is that correct?

Open a few files with Acrobat, go to Window -> Cascade -> Tile and see if that brings up the PDFs.

You may also refer to the following KB Doc: Can't open PDF  Link: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/kb/cant-open-pdf.html

if this does not help, please uninstall the Acrobat by running the uninstaller file of Acrobat from the Application menu, restart the computer, and reinstall the Acrobat from Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution  Link: https://get.adobe.com/reader/enterprise/

Please share the following details:

• Is it Acrobat or Reader installed?
  • Dot version of Acrobat or Reader from Help>About Acrobat/Reader.
  • The version of Mac os installed.

Keep us posted with the results.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! That solved the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks – Window – Cascade solved the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines